HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 8:33 PM

Great looking building, just wish it had a retail component.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 8:57 PM

That looks great! Hope it happens close to those plans, with ground floor retail added.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 9:01 PM

^^ To be clear though, the renderings aren't an actual proposal - the site is for sale, and they're supposed to be representative of what could be built there to help the imagination of would-be purchasers. Now its nice to see it for sale, which means it'll likely end up in the hands of a developer, but I wouldn't get excited over this yet. Whoever buys it will come up with their own plan. Any images that say "Bright MLS" on them are the same thing.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 9:33 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
^^ To be clear though, the renderings aren't an actual proposal - the site is for sale, and they're supposed to be representative of what could be built there to help the imagination of would-be purchasers. Now its nice to see it for sale, which means it'll likely end up in the hands of a developer, but I wouldn't get excited over this yet. Whoever buys it will come up with their own plan. Any images that say "Bright MLS" on them are the same thing.
Then I predict a much shorter building covered in shiny grey or blue metal. :/

Hopefully retail though.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
So the place-holder renderings for lots for sale are eating the lunch of the actual architects.

Something's wrong here.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 2:49 PM

I drove by that lot every day on my way to high school. It has been for sale for years. In fact, it had a different rendering from the one above. A much worse rendering.

Where did you source those from, PhilliesPhan? They could certainly be real proposals.

Checking Atlas, 676-8 North Broad has been owned privately since 1993. It’s a great location, and it’ll probably sell eventually.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 4:03 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Where did you source those from, PhilliesPhan? They could certainly be real proposals.
Just guessing from the Compass.com real estate listing.

https://www.compass.com/listing/676-...6520295596953/

Old Posted Aug 5, 2021, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Just guessing from the Compass.com real estate listing.

https://www.compass.com/listing/676-...6520295596953/
Ah. Definitely not a real proposal then, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
So the place-holder renderings for lots for sale are eating the lunch of the actual architects.

Something's wrong here.
You’re 100% right. I feel like part of this is that there is a disconnect between what architects think the public wants and what the public actually finds aesthetically appealing.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 10:50 PM

Philadelphia grew in 2019 and 2020! Despite Census “estimates,” Philadelphia’s 2020 population is 1.61M, and grew by 5.1% between 2010 and 2020. Huge news!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 1:31 AM

good news for the city indeed, despite all the negativity.........what about the metro area......it increased by how many???

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 2:34 AM
Philly Pholly

Metro Philly on the PA side (Phila - Bucks - Montco - Delaware - Chester - Berks) added 227K people between them. Montco clocked in at an impressive 7.1% growth rate. I credit all the smart urban development happening there.
Chester County +35K people (7.1%)
Montgomery County +57K people (7.1%)
Bucks County +22K people (3.4%)
Delaware County +18K people (3.2%)
Berks County +17k people (4.2%)
Philadelphia County +78k people (5.1%)
Other Notables:
Lehigh County +25K people (7.2%)
Northampton County +15K (5.1%)
Cumberland County +24k people (10.2%)
Dauphin County +18K people (6.8%)
Lebanon County +10K people (7.3%)
Lancaster County +34K people (6.5%)
York County +22K people (4.9%)
In a nice surprise, Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties gained population. I nice departure from the past. As did Allegheny, Butler, and Washington (next to Pittsburgh).
With the exception of Centre County (2.7%), nearly everything else shrunk 5-10%. 2 counties shrunk by more than 10%.
And I'm not sorry about any of it given the political penchant of the people living in them.
I think Montco and Delco exceeded my expectations the most. Philadelphia wasn't far behind.
Same story. Southeastern part of state confirming it's dominance.

Pennsylvania Census 2020

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2021/...te/8112275002/

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 4:00 AM

[QUOTE=SEFTA;9363739]

Montco clocked in at an impressive 7.1% growth rate. I credit all the smart urban development happening there.
/QUOTE]
There is alot of mid rise apartments going up, especially in KOP and areas around conshohocken, at least that ive seen, same with mainline areas and towns on the philly outskirts. Sadly some of the areas around me are all subdivisions. I wish they weren't, maybe townhouses could attract more people for obvious reasons. But growth is good, i just wish we were densifying more in some areas like we are in others

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post

Metro Philly on the PA side (Phila - Bucks - Montco - Delaware - Chester - Berks) added 227K people between them. Montco clocked in at an impressive 7.1% growth rate. I credit all the smart urban development happening there.
Chester County +35K people (7.1%)
Montgomery County +57K people (7.1%)
Bucks County +22K people (3.4%)
Delaware County +18K people (3.2%)
Berks County +17k people (4.2%)
Philadelphia County +78k people (5.1%)
Other Notables:
Lehigh County +25K people (7.2%)
Northampton County +15K (5.1%)
Cumberland County +24k people (10.2%)
Dauphin County +18K people (6.8%)
Lebanon County +10K people (7.3%)
Lancaster County +34K people (6.5%)
York County +22K people (4.9%)
In a nice surprise, Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties gained population. I nice departure from the past. As did Allegheny, Butler, and Washington (next to Pittsburgh).
With the exception of Centre County (2.7%), nearly everything else shrunk 5-10%. 2 counties shrunk by more than 10%.
And I'm not sorry about any of it given the political penchant of the people living in them.
I think Montco and Delco exceeded my expectations the most. Philadelphia wasn't far behind.
Same story. Southeastern part of state confirming it's dominance.

Pennsylvania Census 2020

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2021/...te/8112275002/
Nice to see both major PA cities growing, and the state, even if it's tiny compared to boom states. I know it's a surprise here in PGH. Any idea why this map shows Allegheny with a decrease though? We had 2.2% growth, and .6% growth for the MSA.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
Nice to see both major PA cities growing, and the state, even if it's tiny compared to boom states. I know it's a surprise here in PGH. Any idea why this map shows Allegheny with a decrease though? We had 2.2% growth, and .6% growth for the MSA.
That was the 2019 projection image. This is one from yesterday:

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
That was the 2019 projection image.
Ahhhh got it! Thanks!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 2:20 PM

So how long do we think until 200 Broad Street is developed? It and the Drexel parcel across the street are pretty much the last two developable lots along Broad in Center City. It’s right next to a subway station, and with Hanneman going under, it’s only a matter of time…

Please, God, if you’re there, don’t let this lot fall into the hands of Alterra or Parkway. Please?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
But growth is good, i just wish we were densifying more in some areas like we are in others
I predict the 2020s will be a decade of much more intense mixed-use infill in the suburbs, particularly underutilized parcels near rail stations/town centers.

There's honestly very little developable land left in most of the suburban growth hotspots, and there's VERY little appetite for allowing more sprawling McMansion subdivisions, so densification is the only other option.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 3:42 PM

at 5% population growth per decade, we should get back over 2 million in 50 years.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
That was the 2019 projection image. This is one from yesterday:

This is the best map of PA I've seen yet. Most have four colors, which doesn't give you fine gradations on population change. Interesting what is going on in NEPA. Lehigh valley is obviously growing but also Lackawanna and Lucerne! And Pike is growing (presumably from NYers) but not neighboring Monroe or Wayne counties.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eixample View Post
This is the best map of PA I've seen yet. Most have four colors, which doesn't give you fine gradations on population change. Interesting what is going on in NEPA. Lehigh valley is obviously growing but also Lackawanna and Lucerne! And Pike is growing (presumably from NYers) but not neighboring Monroe or Wayne counties.
Carbon County barely shrunk. I think you're gonna see Carbon County become more fully integrated into the Lehigh Valley in the coming years as Lehigh and Northampton become more built out and expensive. My impression is that Lehigh County is becoming quite a desireable place to live in it's own right. In a weird way, I think its more sophisticated and relevant than Bucks County. If it gets rail to NYC (and hopefully a Septa connection to Philly), you'll see growth there explode even more.

Monroe is kind of it's own thing. It's more Poconos than Lehigh Valley and although East Stroudsburg is a charming little town, I don't see what the strategy is there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations