HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 2:15 PM

Sunny and 9 today. Sunny and 16 (!!!) tomorrow.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 3:55 PM

I always get Blair Witch vibes when it’s foggy in the woods.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2024, 8:53 PM

^ Foggy morning here also, moreso over the lake. One of those days where it's hard to tell where the lake ends and the sky begins.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 3:15 AM
Go Chiefs!

9C and mainly sunny. Cloudier early on but cleared up nicely after 1PM.

The very little snow that remains is in the shadiest areas and from piles.

Low of 2C.

The warmspot was Windsor, ON at 14.3C

Warmest low was Yarmouth, NS at 5.7C.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 4:54 PM

Beautiful day, 16 and sunny. Not sure it will get my warmer at my house, as there is a cool breeze off the lake.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

+0.2C and sunny in Moncton at 1 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 6:19 PM

A Montana low that affected the Prairies is moving off to the east. Snowfall was less than anticipated in the Red River Valley, YWG receiving only about 3cm of snowfall, though totals were higher to the north and much higher to the west, with Brandon unofficially receiving about 30cm.

Any moisture is welcome as it was a very dry winter, YWG receiving less than 30% of its average winter (Dec-Feb) precipitation, though both October and November were wet.

Cold and blustery in the wake of the system. The week ahead looks seasonally cold but temps should recover to seasonal (-3C) or above by the weekend. At noon, sunny, -10C, gusty winds from the WNW , windchill of -21. It's a nice day inside. Huge temperature gradient regionally, Minneapolis reached 74F yesterday and some locations in Iowa broke the 80F mark. Meanwhile, farther west, temps are struggling to reach -20C in much of Sask. and Alta.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 7:24 PM
Go Chiefs!

Windsor, ON recording a humidex of 24. Highest such reading this year.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 7:56 PM

The last few days of cold. The snow we were supposed to get all weekend ended Sat night. Beautiful clear sunny cold skys Sunday and today.

-16 yesterday and -23 this morning but the wind is making it feel colder. By Sat we are up to 11 or 12.

Last cold day is supposed to be Weds at -13 then Thursday is 0.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 8:13 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Some snow this morning but it transitioned into a lovely day.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 8:26 PM
Go Chiefs!

3PM: Windsor, ON with the warmest temperature in the country this year... 21.5C. Humidex of 25.

Edit:
Windsor on fire. 22.0C at 4PM. Nice little humidex of 26.

Last edited by Nicko999; Mar 4, 2024 at 9:29 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 9:48 PM
recession proof

Sunny 55F/13C in Toronto.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 10:49 PM

15 at Pearson, breaking the daily record (13.3)

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:30 AM
recession proof

Still warm in the 50s(F) so I went for a 15km/3 hour walk down Bloor/Perth/Dundas/Queen to Spadina and back via King West/Dunn/Queen & Roncesvalles. Love the energy in my old 'hood, wish I could move back there. I used to have my studio at this intersection
https://imgur.com/a/yzVxwDw
And loved to hang out at Nasa Dance Pub near here
https://imgur.com/a/J0uDTpd

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:46 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Still warm in the 50s(F) so I went for a 15km/3 hour walk down Bloor/Perth/Dundas/Queen to Spadina and back via King West/Dunn/Queen & Roncesvalles. Love the energy in my old 'hood, wish I could move back there. I used to have my studio at this intersection
https://imgur.com/a/yzVxwDw
And loved to hang out at Nasa Dance Pub near here
https://imgur.com/a/J0uDTpd
You need to stop posting conversions in the Canada section, dude. Metric is fine. We are smart.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 1:54 AM
recession proof

Unfortunately, my next career requires me to know metric so really it's helping me learn the system.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:05 AM

Back to the creek again. Went up to an elevated portion of the trail where the vast majority of walkers would not venture up to. Considering that it's off the beaten path, it's not surprising there is a firepit there with discarded beer cans. Wife and I decided to bag some. We got six. 60 cents is 60 cents! It's kind of like an easter egg hunt. If I'm going to keep exploring these creeks, I might have to take up this hobby of beer can collecting. There is one guy in my neighbourhood who goes around collecting them on recycle day on his bike. There used to be a lady as well doing it by car but I haven't seen her in years. It might be worth it to the bike guy to just ride a trail one day.

Predictably, there was also a used condom by the firepit. I will spare you a pic of that.

And yesterday I went to a farm in Ancaster. Although I brought rain boots for the whole family, I did not have the foresight to bring extra shoes for anyone else but myself. I knew it would be muddy, but did not expect the epic amount of mud in the alpaca section. And I hadn't thought about the droppings absolutely everywhere in the goat, donkey, cow and sheep section (there's gotta be close to a hundred of them). You could not walk the pen and avoid stepping in shit. So upon returning to the car, I changed my shoes, but everyone else went shoeless in the car. Put their shoes in a bag and left in the trunk. Had to turn the water on outside again to blast with the stream setting of the hose nozzle, but at least we don't have super cold nights anymore, so I could leave the water to oustide on if I wanted to. Still have to use a nail file too to get in the grooves of the bottom on the sole. I did wear the same rain boots to walk the creek this evening so that washed some of it away.

Had to buy $1.50 slippers for my wife from Dollar Tree on the way to the birthday party in the evening. She also walked in the grocery store with them on to get the cake. Lesson learned. This was not a super organized entertainment farm where you pet the animals from behind a fence. You are one of the animals. Could not trust the goats and sheeps around the kids. You know, with them being at eye level with them. Had to hold them up which means I got shit on my coat from their shoes too so that had to go in the trunk too.

And as can be seen in the duck photo, the super mud in the background is what part of the farm was like. As soon as I walked in that I thought to myself, I wonder how many people show up in white sneakers. I turned around and there was a guy wearing exactly that. He was a tourist I'm fairly sure and it was an impromptu visit. I have kind of been in that situation myself back in the day. Learned many lessons by now though, but never perfectly prepared.

Last edited by megadude; Mar 5, 2024 at 3:34 AM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 3:57 AM
Go Chiefs!

9C and mainly overcast until about 2PM. At which point the sky cleared up. The cloud cover kept the temperature in the high single digit rather than the low or even mid teens. It's early March so cannot complain for that.

Low of 0C last night. Very dense fog. SSH would have loved.

The warmspot was Point Pelee, ON at 22.4C. Looks like the got warmer than Windsor in between hours. Obviously that is the warmest temperature in Canada this year.

The warmest low was Goderich, ON at 7.3C.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 4:32 PM

-18 going down to -25 tonight. -13 tomorrow then the temps rise above 0.

Roads were hell this morning, light snow last night put a nice glaze on everything. Drive to the office was only 10 min longer but 15 cars in the ditch on my way in. where you may only see 1 in.
[IMG]Sun and Snow by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]Sun and Snow and Sophie by , on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]Sun and Snow and Sophie by , on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 5:19 PM

Started off sunny but beginning to cloud up and feeling quite humid with rain on the way. Currently 17.6 degrees, the low was 9.0 this morning

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada