HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Wow those renderings look spectacular. When does construction begin? I also hope they include at least one or two office buildings- just so it won’t be just apartments and condos.
Aren't the offices supposed to be across the street, where the greenspace is in the rendering?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 1:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
Aren't the offices supposed to be across the street, where the greenspace is in the rendering?
Yeah I think so. Looks like the greenspaces are placeholders until they have a final design for those parcels and definite user and they are stopping just showing random buildings on those parcels. So the building designs that they are showing are probably the final plan for those parcels. I am assuming since top golf took over the northern parcel they are moving ahead on these blocks sooner rather than later.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Yeah I think so. Looks like the greenspaces are placeholders until they have a final design for those parcels and definite user and they are stopping just showing random buildings on those parcels. So the building designs that they are showing are probably the final plan for those parcels. I am assuming since top golf took over the northern parcel they are moving ahead on these blocks sooner rather than later.
That's what I was thinking. Makes sense.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll redevelop the Power Plant into a large Punch Bowl Social with a huge rooftop experience.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 2:34 PM

Quote:

I'm still holding out hope that they'll redevelop the Power Plant into a large Punch Bowl Social with a huge rooftop experience.
What’s a Punch Bowl Social?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 2:48 PM
-

1227 Poydras St, 1229 Poydras St, 1429 Poydras St, 1300 Perdido St, 13·Text Amendment · Project #ZD046-23 · Ref Code:E1QFK0
View Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Text Amendment
Applicant:
City Council
Public Hearing Notice
Date Filed:
4/24/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Zoning Docket 046/23 Applicant(s): City Council Motion M-23-M Request: Amendment to the text of the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance to modify Article 1, Section 17.3.A to classify “broadcasting studio” as a permitted use in the CBD-5 Urban Core Neighborhood Lower Intensity Mixed-Use District.

New WWOZ Studios

2008 Poydras St·NPP Notifications · Project #23-0637 · Ref Code:CGR1MR
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
Maymar Engineers & Contractors LLC
NPP Generated
Date Filed:
5/22/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
NPP for variances to allow a billboard

1218 Baronne St·New Construction · Ref CodeLF8LV
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/26/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of two single guest suite hotel structures on 1212 and 1218 Baronne which will be resubdivided together as part of this development. Hotel will be operated in combination with a collection of adjacent properties as one hotel made up of several structures. The hotel lobby structure is located at 1200 Baronne - see that permit application for the overall hotel use application. Separate application for this same project submitted under 1212 Baronne.

1723 Thalia St·New Construction · Ref Code:KL8GQ5
View Print Summary Submit Remove from Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/30/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of bar and garden area as per plans.

1133 Baronne St·New Construction · Ref Code:TFB5Q4
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/25/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
New Construction of single guest suite hotel structure. Hotel will be operated in combination with a collection of adjacent properties as one hotel made up of several structures. The hotel lobby structure is located at 1200 Baronne - see that permit application for the overall hotel use application.

djsnola
1212 Baronne St·New Construction · Ref Code:HJ11Y2
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/26/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of two single guest suite hotel structures on 1212 and 1218 Baronne which will be resubdivided together as part of this development. Hotel will be operated in combination with a collection of adjacent properties as one hotel made up of several structures. The hotel lobby structure is located at 1200 Baronne - see that permit application for the overall hotel use application.

1024 Mandeville St·New Construction · Ref Code:M5JAC5
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/25/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
THIS PERMIT HAS BEEN APPLIED FOR UNDER 2270 ST CLAUDE - REF CODE UWJ3MJ. THE PROJECT SPANS 2270, 2274, AND 2282 ST CLAUDE AVE AND 1024 MANDEVILLE ST. NEW CONSTRUCTION BUILDING WITH NO USE AND OCCUPANCY. HOTEL BUILD OUT FOR USE AND OCCUPANCY FOR A PORTION OF SHELL (7,040 SF) REMAINDER OF BUILDING WHITEBOX FOR FUTURE TENANT.

2270 Saint Claude Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:UWJ3MJ
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/25/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
NEW CONSTRUCTION BUILDING WITH NO USE AND OCCUPANCY. HOTEL BUILD OUT FOR USE AND OCCUPANCY FOR A PORTION OF SHELL (7,040 SF) REMAINDER OF BUILDING WHITEBOX FOR FUTURE TENANT.

2274 Saint Claude Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:AAGRLN
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/25/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
THIS PERMIT HAS BEEN APPLIED FOR UNDER 2270 ST CLAUDE - REF CODE UWJ3MJ. THE PROJECT SPANS 2270, 2274, AND 2282 ST CLAUDE AVE AND 1024 MANDEVILLE ST. NEW CONSTRUCTION BUILDING WITH NO USE AND OCCUPANCY. HOTEL BUILD OUT FOR USE AND OCCUPANCY FOR A PORTION OF SHELL (7,040 SF) REMAINDER OF BUILDING WHITEBOX FOR FUTURE TENANT.

2282 Saint Claude Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:A01MU5
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Walker Jessica
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/25/2023
Closed:
No
Description:

New Orleans Military & Maritime Academy Purchases 10+ Acres to Expand Its Footprint at New Orleans Riverside at Federal City

https://www.bizneworleans.com/new-or...-federal-city/

Andrea’s Restaurant in Metairie Joins the Creole Cuisine Restaurant Concepts Portfolio

https://www.bizneworleans.com/andrea...pts-portfolio/

365 Canal St, SUITE 1.22A AND SUITE 220 ·Interior Demolition · Ref Code:7CCS7C
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Cicada
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/23/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
EXISTING RESTAURANT SPACE IN ONE CANAL PLACE MALL TO BE RENOVATED INTO NEW RESTAURANT CONCEPT. DEMOLITION PHASE CONSISTS OF REMOVING INTERIOR FINISHES OF WALLS AND FLOORS OF THE ENTRANCE LOBBY ON THE GROUND LEVEL AND THE RESTRAUNT SPACE ON THE SECOND LEVEL. No use and occupancy under this permit. Plans for renovation to follow under separate permit.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 2:51 PM
-

Quote:

I think given that the founder of Punch Bowl Social lives here and is starting a new competing concept that we wont see that here.

I wonder if an Ikea could work in there or if that is too hard a location for something like that trafficwise

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 3:48 PM

Quote:
I think given that the founder of Punch Bowl Social lives here and is starting a new competing concept that we wont see that here.

I wonder if an Ikea could work in there or if that is too hard a location for something like that trafficwise
Aahhh interesting. Did not know that.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 4:04 PM

Regarding the Tulane map; is that a listing of projects in the pipeline or just things that have already been constructed?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 4:17 PM

Lately with more time on my hands, I've been looking through other metro areas on this forum.

I see there are many other cities that have just a few entries, with some several years old.

This New Orleans thread is so much better. Thanks to all of you who post here! I don't post often since I now live in the Midwest, but I read this every day to keep up on my favorite city.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 6:59 PM
-

Quote:
Aahhh interesting. Did not know that.
Good Articles to read up on him

https://www.bizneworleans.com/entrep...lity-industry/

https://www.bizneworleans.com/robert...om-joe-jaeger/

https://nola.eater.com/2022/6/27/231...-jaguar-bolero

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 7:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDot View Post
Regarding the Tulane map; is that a listing of projects in the pipeline or just things that have already been constructed?
I just thought was an interesting map. they are looking to lease that street highlighted but it think the map gives a good idea of the campus that is coming together downtown.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 7:23 PM

Quote:
I just thought was an interesting map. they are looking to lease that street highlighted but it think the map gives a good idea of the campus that is coming together downtown.
I'm excited to see renderings of what the street and sidewalk landscaping will look like in the Tulane downtown campus. I hope they completely redo the neutral ground on Tulane Ave and reconfigure the entire street.

Speaking of--I've been hearing that the Charity project has been slowed and there is not much progress going on right now. Can anyone confirm?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 7:33 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
I'm excited to see renderings of what the street and sidewalk landscaping will look like in the Tulane downtown campus. I hope they completely redo the neutral ground on Tulane Ave and reconfigure the entire street.

Speaking of--I've been hearing that the Charity project has been slowed and there is not much progress going on right now. Can anyone confirm?
I think its still a go but there was a lot of issues with price changes due to increased materials costs so the overall price tag has ballooned. Not too surprising when dealing with something this complex but I have def heard the budget came in much higher.. that was a while back so i presume they have been working though that. I do notice more activity in the construction office space across the street though. But I would expect quite a lot of fanfare when this actually gets moving as far as press on a groundbreaking etc

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 7:36 PM
-

Old Posted Jun 1, 2023, 8:46 PM

Quote:
I think its still a go but there was a lot of issues with price changes due to increased materials costs so the overall price tag has ballooned. Not too surprising when dealing with something this complex but I have def heard the budget came in much higher.. that was a while back so i presume they have been working though that. I do notice more activity in the construction office space across the street though. But I would expect quite a lot of fanfare when this actually gets moving as far as press on a groundbreaking etc
Yeah I meant to ask you about this. I visited a few weeks feeling discouraged with the lack of progress on the site. Plus we haven’t gotten any major updates since Tulane’s signing of the lease last Fall. I’m hoping the redevelopment is still on track; especially if they’re targeting a 2025 completion date.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 12:30 AM

River District renderings are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 1:42 AM
-

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans Debuts a Multimillion Dollar Renovation Honoring the City’s Musical Heritage

https://www.bizneworleans.com/homewo...ical-heritage/

Old Posted Jun 3, 2023, 5:23 PM

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...e=featured-top

The Audubon Institute's $41M bet: a refurbished aquarium will spark post-pandemic revival

When the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas opened in 1990, it transformed the foot of Canal Street by adding a family-friendly attraction steps from the French Quarter.

Over the next three decades, it would go on to attract 40 million visitors as one of the top aquariums in the U.S., generating millions of dollars in annual revenue and providing hundreds of jobs.

Then COVID hit.

The aquarium, along with the Audubon Zoo and other public attractions overseen by the Audubon Commission and operated by the Audubon Nature Institute, was shuttered. Revenue tumbled by 50% across Audubon's attractions, and the organization was forced to lay off most of its 600 employees.

When the zoo and aquarium reopened, they did so amid slumping New Orleans tourism numbers, with curtailed hours and a skeleton staff.

Now, after a $41 million renovation, Audubon officials hope that the aquarium will again be a spark that propels the organization past the pandemic doldrums and into its next phase of growth...

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 5:54 PM

The final expansion of the WWII museum opens November 3 and will have a new theatre with a moving seating platform: https://www.nola.com/news/business/n...d0f6c51ad.html

Old Posted Jun 7, 2023, 4:03 PM
-

2400 Napoleon Ave·Renovation (Structural) · Ref Code:Q3NVH5
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Robert Boyd
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/1/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Complete renovation of an existing historic church building for use as an event venue. The building has been vacant since 2005 and will require complete replacement of the interior first floor slab with a new pile-supported concrete slab. The renovation will include all new mechanical, electrical, and fire protection systems, addition of a two stop hydraulic elevator and a new exit stair. Exterior work includes repair and repainting of all plaster surfaces, complete replacement of the the existing barrel tile roof, and repair/replacement of all exterior windows. Site work includes the addition of paved courtyards, masonry and metal fencing, a new terrazzo entrance plaza, and a new paved service court.

508 Dumaine St, UNIT A·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:8ZRWW7
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
West Studio
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/2/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
RENOVATION AND EXPANSION OF AN GROUND FLOOR EXISTING RESTAURANT.

djsnola
10029 Chef Menteur Hwy·New Construction · Ref Code:EWLJ1C
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Brian Anderson
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/5/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of a new one story 6,000 sq. ft. commercial office building.

8 Canal St·Attached Sign · Ref CodeY1MRH
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Lisette Daigle
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/2/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Harrah's New Orleans S. Peters entrance primary ID signs. Five Caesars head logos and 1 set of letters to read Caesars. The attached drawing only shows 1 logo head. They may only use one but would like to permission to use up to 5. Please see the drawings for details.

201 Chartres St (Ref. Code: L0U007)
VCC Architectural Review Committee
Description
INTERIOR - NON STRUCTURAL RENOVATION. MIXED USE IBC 508. - 4 STORY BUILDING. 16 APARTMENTS ON THE UPPER FLOORS TO REMAIN UNDISTURBED. THE 1ST FLOOR SINGLE TENANT SPACE WAS RENOVATED IN 2013 FOR USE AS "CRESCENT CITY COOKS", ASSEMBLY /MERCANTILE WITH BANQUET VENUE & TEACHING. BECOMES RESTAURANT W/ MERCANTILE ACCESSORY
Hearing Date: Jun 13 2023 1:00PM
How do I participate?
205 Chartres St, 205-07 Chartres (Ref. Code: E84735)
VCC Architectural Review Committee
Description
Drawings submitted on February 20, 2023 under aaplication QJBX0U INTERIOR - NON STRUCTURAL RENOVATION. MIXED USE IBC 508. - 4 STORY BUILDING. 16 APARTMENTS ON THE UPPER FLOORS TO REMAIN UNDISTURBED. THE 1ST FLOOR SINGLE TENANT SPACE WAS RENOVATED IN 2013 FOR USE AS "CRESCENT CITY COOKS", ASSEMBLY /MERCANTILE WITH BANQUET VENUE & TEACHING. BECOMES RESTAURANT W/ MERCANTILE ACCESSORY
Hearing Date: Jun 13 2023 1:00PM

827 Carondelet St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:G2QZAB
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Kirk Fabacher
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
5/30/2023
Closed:
No
Description:
Detail review of the renovation and penthouse addition at a Conbtributing rated, 3-story commercial building.

2270 Saint Claude Ave (Ref. Code: YMKPJ1)
NO HDLC Architectural Review Committee
Description
New construction of a 13,550 SF three-story mixed-use building on a vacant lot.

Additional applications submitted until minor subdivision is completed:
2274 St. Claude - 23-14353-HDLC
2282 St. Claude - 23-14354-HDLC
1024 Mandeville - 23-14356-HDLC
Hearing Date: Jun 20 2023 12:30PM

Le Méridien New Orleans Unveils Multi-Million Dollar Renovation

https://www.bizneworleans.com/le-mer...ar-renovation/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations