HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 6:51 PM

Here’s more than 4 dozen updates to my 2020 Future Skyline pano from Bloor-Yorkville to the Lake. Includes new proposals, re-designs, height changes etc. For those not from the city, this is a view looking east across Humber Bay.

SCROLL >>>>>>

Last edited by Maldive; Mar 26, 2023 at 5:31 PM.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 8:56 PM

Stupendous work, Maldive. Thanks for posting.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 9:50 PM

Amazing, Maldive!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2023, 12:48 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Wow, that's insane if that all gets built.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 3:34 AM

Fantastic, Maldive!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 3:37 PM

Thanks all!

Here’s a LINK to a 4mg jpeg ‘Mega View’ if you’re interested in why it took me hours to draw stuff like the *FORMA super-tall to scale ;-).

Please don’t look at this on your phone (or smart watch).

Be sure to magnify.
https://upside-down.ca/futuretoronto...-MEGA-VIEW.jpg

Screenshot

Last edited by Maldive; Mar 26, 2023 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2023, 7:19 PM

Beautiful! One omission I noticed is 212 King W., which is one of my most-wanted proposals.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Beautiful! One omission I noticed is 212 King W., which is one of my most-wanted proposals.
Unbelievable goof up... the unfinished layer for 212 King W was turned off in PS

At least it was only a slice of the black residential tower missing from this POV lol... the residential tower is set back from King Street allowing a glimpse from behind FORMA and just a bit above, but the west elevation is quite thin.

Nonetheless good catch (somebody who actually looks close ;-). I'll fix it properly once my burnt-out eyes have recovered.... but here's a fast/rough look at 212 with approx. location. Just for you.

Since you have a keen eye... there's BONUS POINTS for a “Where’s Waldo” if you can find a piece of 10 St. Mary (175m) and/or 90 Isabella (222m)!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 1:07 PM

Thanks! That is a crowded area of your render, and the 1000-ft 212 King W. is not even easy to spot when it's there!

I don't see 10 St. Mary, but I believe 90 Isabella is poking out to the left of 1075 Bay.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Thanks! That is a crowded area of your render, and the 1000-ft 212 King W. is not even easy to spot when it's there!

I don't see 10 St. Mary, but I believe 90 Isabella is poking out to the left of 1075 Bay.
Congrats! Bonus points for finding 90 Isabella!

Alas some bad news... you lose those points 'cause guess where (a bit of) 10 St. Mary is??

Right in front of 90 Isabella.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 4:54 PM

Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 2) | 299m | 90s | Menkes | a—A l demolition/heritage retention

Wasting no time prepping/demolition/heritage retention for the Phase 2 three tower mega-project ... with Phase 1 moving closer to completion ( 2 residential towers nearing exterior completion and 1 office building complete).

Jeff Morgan

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

Phase 2 is/are the 3 tallest right of centre below. Mixed-use, public space and park, with towers @ 299m, 290m and 260m and more than 3,000 residential units.

UT

Break time.

mburrrrr

A slice of my future rendering with the re-designed SkyTower (now proposed @ 344.58 metres/105 storeys) … along with its Phase 3 sibling on the left (now proposed taller @ 306 metres/92 storeys) which further obscures even the tallest Sugar Wharf 2 tower (@299m) from this angle.

Me

160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG l u/c

One of the cranes coming down.

dt_toronto_geek

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

mburrrrr

Last edited by Maldive; Mar 29, 2023 at 8:16 PM.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Wow, that's insane if that all gets built.
Trust me, it will all get built. The only thing that is "slowing down" construction is a lack of labour. The GTA grew by 200,000 last year alone.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
Alas some bad news... you lose those points 'cause guess where (a bit of) 10 St. Mary is??

Right in front of 90 Isabella.

I don't raise me eyelids for anything under 200m.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:07 PM

CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre l Phase 2 u/c

The tunnel work including partial demolition/new contruction is finished and now ready to host a new pedestrian bridge from CIBC Square 2 over Yonge Street, connecting with ‘Backstage Condos (on the left).

mburrrrr

Steel starting climb of the east face of the core.

mburrrrr

A west elevation drawing showing how much the tower will cantilever over the rail corridor.

mburrrrr

Sweet shot from a cell phone by kotsy.

kotsy

The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini l u/c

The Well is… well, starting to glow at night.

tstormers

Red Mars

Red Mars

Red Mars

Red Mars

Theatre District Residence & Riu Plaza Hotel | 156.05m x 2 | 49s x 2 | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle l u/c

The 2 towers and podiums starting to really make their mark… can’t wait to the heritage row to be restored at grade.

far9521

far9521

Last edited by Maldive; Mar 28, 2023 at 10:11 PM.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2023, 5:18 PM

Future Model of Etobicoke showing the big changes coming to Bloor Street (between Hwy 427 and Islington) and the impact of the 2150 Lake Shore master-plan on the Humber Bay skyline.

steveve

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 4:24 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Oh wow, I didn't fully realize until now that CIBC Square 2 is similar structurally to 150 North Riverside in Chicago. I wonder if Wilkinson-Eyre consulted with Goettsch on the engineering of the building.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Oh wow, I didn't fully realize until now that CIBC Square 2 is similar structurally to 150 North Riverside in Chicago. I wonder if Wilkinson-Eyre consulted with Goettsch on the engineering of the building.
Yeah innsertnamehere noted the (twin cantilever) similarity and posted a pic (below) over at UrbanToronto a couple of days ago.

I did a quick search but couldn't find any specific mention of Goettsch working with Wilkinson Eyre on the phase 2 tower.

Dezeen

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 6:07 PM

49 Ontario Street | 152.4m | 44s | Dream | a—A l recommended for Approval

About 1100 rental units plus office and retail in 3 towers, now recommended for approval. Located just north of EQ Bank Tower that is u/c on Adelaide East between Sherbourne and Parliament.

UT

UT

The Castle | 55.38m | 11s | Allied | Sweeny &Co l recommended for Approval

Office and retail incorporating lots of heritage stock, recommended for approval.

UT

ProjectEnd

101 Spadina Avenue | 134m | 39s | Devron Developments | AUDAX l recommended for Approval

Just 1.5 metres shorter with some set-back changes, recommended for approval. Nice fit for Spadina Avenue.

UT

Vignettes

Paclo

208 Bloor West | 115.1m | 34s | Plaza Partners | BDP Quadrangle l recommended for Approval

This one is finally recommended for approval at a taller height (115.m). Hope the filgree details survive some Plaza value engineering.

UT

UT

2039 Yonge | 43.54m | 11s | Nivlog Investments Limited | superkül l recommended for Approval

Nice little midrise with rental units and townhouses behind, recommended for approval.

UT

1800 Weston | 135.85m | 40s | Castlepoint Numa | BDP Quadrangle l pre-construction

Application is public now for this 3rd residential and retail proposal from Castlepoint, who have been busy in Weston Village: 2 other projects were announced nearby (previewed earlier) known as 1830 Weston and Weston Park.

Like the 20 foot arches at grade.

UT

UT

UT

Weston Park (172 and 151 metres - 50 and 45 storeys)

UT

1830 Weston (150 metres - 45 storeys)

UT

Pinnacle One Yonge | 344.58m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini l u/c

Next level is the first tower floor.

mburrrrr

DarwinP

DarwinP

Phase 1

dufferin1

DarwinP

The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners l u/c

thaivic

thaivic

Popbuildingviewer

yrt+viva=1system

8 Elm | 218.2m | 69s | Reserve Properties | IBI Group l excavation

Wasting no time, demolition is finished and excavation has begun. If it manages to get its construction crane before FORMA Phase 1, it will still only be the 6th tallest u/c in the city.

DarwinP

UT

U of T: Schwartz Reisman Innovation Centre | ?m | 20s | U of T | Weiss/Manfredi l u/c

ML555

Northern Light

Old Posted Apr 1, 2023, 9:43 PM

Nobu Residences Toronto | 156.66m x 2 | 45s x 2 | Madison Group | Teeple Architects l u/c

The much-maligned towers of Nobu looking good (from this flattering angle at least ;-).

neuhaus

Part of the booming Entertainment District.

Red Mars

Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners l u/c

26, 25, 24, 19 and 13 storey mixed-use project with 909 residential units (incl. rentals). The multi-purpose “The Kitchen” in the centre of the pic below will have a performance venue, bars and food vendors year-round.

AlexBozikovic

Mirvish Village

Retail Insider

Mirvish Village

Northern Light

Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | Waterfront Toronto l u/c

Later this year the new river valley will be ‘unplugged’ allowing water from the Don River into the new river valley.

flonicky

flonicky

flonicky

flonicky

Great shots from earlier this year by Vid Ingelevics and Ryan Walker entitled “How To Build A River”.

Vid Ingelevics and Ryan Walker

Old Posted Apr 2, 2023, 12:33 AM

Thanks for posting those pics of the Don realignment. I wasn't even fully aware of the scale of the project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations