HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 1:31 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
Crap I think you’re right. Initially I was drawn to the more recent rendering, but I think that’s because of the more dramatically proportioned setbacks and— actually—the quality of the image. As usual I agree with Cole, either way it’s gonna be a beaut.
To each his own. As far as I'm concerned, the design on the right is clearly better. The setbacks also align more properly with the Chrysler's spire, which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post

Financial Times

Just came across that rendering, I need a higher resolution of it though.

And here's the link from the article...

https://www.ft.com/content/60a67e2b-...7-efba143b8236

Quote:
Meanwhile, developers are betting that the best and most advanced towers — laden with technology and amenities and situated by mass transit — will prosper.

The best example of the latter may be SL Green’s One Vanderbilt, which soars over Grand Central Station and has fetched record rents, even in the midst of the pandemic.

Rechler is hoping that RXR’s forthcoming 175 Park, which will be the western hemisphere’s tallest building when it is completed, will eventually surpass it.

“We’ve had more showings for that building in the last, call it, 60 days, then we’ve had for the rest of our portfolio,” he said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 3, 2023 at 1:56 AM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 1:44 AM
BANNED

This tower is absolutely gorgeous!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 4:17 AM
New Yorker for life

https://commercialobserver.com/2023/...ties-to-banks/

Residential Conversion or Bust for Two Office Buildings: RXR’s Scott Rechler

BY MARK HALLUM
FEBRUARY 2, 2023

Quote:
….. The Financial Times first reported that Rechler was in talks with banks to “give the keys back” to some of its “obsolete” office buildings. Recher didn’t share with FT how many properties he was looking at — only saying that 10 percent of its office portfolio fell under that category — but told CO it’s only in talks to fund conversions of two buildings at this stage.

Rechler declined to name those two buildings and the firm currently owns well over 60 properties in the New York City metropolitan area across 25 million square feet.

They definitely don’t include RXR’s under-construction 175 Park Avenue, one of several major developments in a section of Midtown East that has been targeted by developers for ultra-luxury office buildings designed to lure tenants — and their employees — back to offices.

RXR has set 175 Park within the trend of SL Green Realty’s One Vanderbilt, which topped out in February 2020 and is almost fully leased with asking rents well above $300 per square foot.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post

Financial Times

HOLY SHIT... That's AWESOME!!! (:

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 2:15 PM
BANNED

I agree.

This tower, along with Citadel's 350 Park and JPMC's 270 Park, will really transform the already incomparable Midtown skyline. We need Xing's masterful renderings....

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 4:12 PM

"They definitely don’t include RXR’s under-construction 175 Park Avenue, one of several major developments in a section of Midtown East that has been targeted by developers for ultra-luxury office buildings designed to lure tenants — and their employees — back to offices."

Think the reporter needs to check his sources, it's definitely not under construction. And unless something has changed since we last had pictures of the site, demo on the Grand Hyatt hasn't even started yet.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
To each his own. As far as I'm concerned, the design on the right is clearly better. The setbacks also align more properly with the Chrysler's spire, which is great.

I agree with on that the one on the right looks better.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 7:07 PM
New Yorker for life

We'll eventually get more refined renderings, but some extra looks at the last rendering...

Old Posted Feb 4, 2023, 7:33 PM
BANNED

This and 350 Park are going to be amazing.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 2:50 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:

not only is the new version on the right better, it’s seriously better.

it’s distinctive.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2023, 3:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
not only is the new version on the right better, it’s seriously better.

it’s distinctive.

I totally agree.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2023, 8:07 PM

Any word on timeframes for start and duration of demo?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 2:22 AM
Meh

Quote:

I like the triangles in the 2nd version more, but I think I like the thicker mullions in the first one. Just makes it better defined I think. And I also think it makes the windows appear to have more depth, which I think looks better.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I like the triangles in the 2nd version more, but I think I like the thicker mullions in the first one. Just makes it better defined I think. And I also think it makes the windows appear to have more depth, which I think looks better.
I feel like that is just because the renderings are slightly different, the one with the triangles has a sharper clarity compared to the hazy look of the buildings on the prior iteration.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 3:57 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK1985 View Post
I feel like that is just because the renderings are slightly different, the one with the triangles has a sharper clarity compared to the hazy look of the buildings on the prior iteration.
No, the design would be the same, even with more clarity in the rendering, so it’s not that. (Forget about the fact that we have clearer renderings of that design). I say the better design, because it’s overall a better design for the tower, and less monotonous. It’s a 1,500 ft tower. Visually its better served than just having a line of columns until we reach the crown. And it’s more defined from a distance, the extra space in the design elements allowing for more clarity. It’s also a better fit with the Chrysler Building.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 3:52 PM

The corners are much better on the new version.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2023, 7:24 AM
Sydney

175 Park with crown lighting:

Edited from an image by ATChain

Old Posted Feb 19, 2023, 5:16 PM

Both designs are beautiful... let's hope there are major changes -- you know what I mean - (height cut, I hate to even jinx this wonderful proposal).

Old Posted Feb 19, 2023, 7:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Love it.

Quote:

Old Posted Feb 19, 2023, 7:45 PM

Been talking about this for years. Just build the damned thing already.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals