HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

The One in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Toronto Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Toronto Forum   • Toronto Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 27, 2022, 12:00 AM

This is like the slowest rising tower in the world!

Old Posted Aug 27, 2022, 1:38 AM

Could have sworn someone posted here this evening.. but it just disappeared.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2022, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post
Could have sworn someone posted here this evening.. but it just disappeared.
Isn't this healthy..

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 7:35 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. View Post
This is like the slowest rising tower in the world!
It has been up till recently, this building is going up fast now. They have finally found their stride!

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 3:12 PM
The Vomit Bag.

1WTC took forever at the beginning.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 4:27 PM

Still rockin' it this month:

The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners l u/c

Pouring the elevator core earlier this morning. The walls and super-columns are next.

Benito

Benito

thaivic

Last edited by Maldive; Aug 29, 2022 at 6:18 PM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 11:30 PM

I swear this project has changed from “watching grass grow” to a rocket ship. By 5 pm today they were done pouring the elevator core work, and were pouring the walls and super-columns!

I’ll say it again… who are these guys??

thaivic

thaivic

Benito

Last edited by Maldive; Aug 30, 2022 at 12:43 AM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 1:28 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
1WTC took forever at the beginning.
Only took seven years in total though. Piling work for this one was going on in December 2017. So almost five years now.

That was also a 300ft taller of a structure. I doubt this is done in seven years.

Nice to see progress though.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 6:16 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldive View Post

I’ll say it again… who are these guys??

http://basementrejects.com/wp-conten...aul-newman.jpg

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Lol... you got it.

"Wet concrete keeps falling on my head..

And just like The One carpenter who was fired 'cause nothin' seemed to fit..."

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 4:49 PM

Walls and super-columns all poured and formwork for the next floor slab underway earlier this morning.

Time to drop the annoying, unfunny, repetitive 'slow' comments for a while. Wow ;-). Most of those folks are already on the Ignore List so never-mind.

Benito

Benito

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 4:57 PM

"Time to drop the annoying, unfunny, repetitive 'slow' comments for a while. Wow ;-). Most of those folks are already on the Ignore List so never-mind. "

This has taken a very long time. Your inability to let this building take criticism because of that long timeline unhealthy at best.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 4:59 PM

another pour yesterday. This marks a 13-day cycle between slab pours since the last floor, of which included a long weekend with Labour Day. Things are definitely speeding up, especially if they can maintain a 12-13 day cycle. It's still slower than a lot of projects but is downright lightning speed compared to how this project has typically been moving.

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...18167/page-859

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Only took seven years in total though. Piling work for this one was going on in December 2017. So almost five years now.

That was also a 300ft taller of a structure. I doubt this is done in seven years.

Nice to see progress though.
Definitely a slow mover all the way through. I believe they are now working on the 15th level, if we average 2 weeks a floor, it will top out in about... 3 years, providing it's height increase is approved.

Hopefully they get faster as they get to the upper levels with less structural work and we end up seeing topping out in about 2 years, with full completion some time in 2025.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 7:06 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
"Time to drop the annoying, unfunny, repetitive 'slow' comments for a while. Wow ;-). Most of those folks are already on the Ignore List so never-mind. "

This has taken a very long time. Your inability to let this building take criticism because of that long timeline unhealthy at best.
I don't think it's so much an ability to tolerate the building being criticized. It's more an annoyance with the same criticism being repeated over and over again for years on end with little else in the way of other commentary. While I've joked about it myself, I can understand it getting monotonous for someone who spends a lot more time in the thread as the main content compiler.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 7:33 PM

Old Posted Sep 7, 2022, 9:20 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
I don't think it's so much an ability to tolerate the building being criticized. It's more an annoyance with the same criticism being repeated over and over again for years on end with little else in the way of other commentary. While I've joked about it myself, I can understand it getting monotonous for someone who spends a lot more time in the thread as the main content compiler.
The only funny thing i've heard wrt these sort of comments is that the name of the building derives from The One Guy working on it.

Great to see it going up, though. Difficult to imagine just how tall this is going to be at this intersection. Rosedale on Bloor and One Bloor are already so tall as it is...

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 12:59 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Definitely a slow mover all the way through. I believe they are now working on the 15th level, if we average 2 weeks a floor, it will top out in about... 3 years, providing it's height increase is approved.

Hopefully they get faster as they get to the upper levels with less structural work and we end up seeing topping out in about 2 years, with full completion some time in 2025.
I think we are all just a bit impatient to be able to see some skyline shots with this peeking out. I know I am and I appreciate the photos that are posted. Whether it becomes Canada's tallest when done or is surpassed within weeks or even prior to completion it is an important building in Toronto's and Canada's skyscraper history.

Some of the jokes are tiresome, but some of them are pretty hilarious.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 4:35 PM

I understood the slagging when this couldn't get out of the ground and Sam was fumbling everything from permit issues to dumping his construction manager. And I understood the slagging when this stalled forever at level 5 or 6 or 7.

But after installation of the skybuild elevators... and lots of photos of recent progress (slab to slab floors for a complex build... in under 2 weeks is pretty damn good imo) ... the same sort of cut and paste slagging, despite very clear evidence that times have changed... are annoying, and petty. And a waste of space. "The One Guy" working at "The One" was funny as hell... that at least was worth reading at the time.

For some, it seems not having the project as a legitimate punching bag lately... well they're not really getting their fix are they?

Bettin' those (now Ignored) folks may also have been projecting some thinly-disguised jealousy about the avalanche of 200+ other construction projects in the city. So they hung their envy hat on a project that just might fail... but so far isn't.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 2:35 AM
Midtowner since 2K

I took this two days ago. It's a good sign that this project is now viewable from Charles and Yonge...
Construction by Draulerin Photographics, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction