HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
They did a good job with this design. I like the angled columns at the entry and the storefront glass up the front facade. High quality materials too by using larger window sizes than you typically see.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 10:37 PM

Interesting....I looked at Novus Place recent updated leasing brochure and it shows that half of the ground floor retail space of the 777 Tower is out for an LOI and that most of the spaces for the Piedmont have leases out for signatures. The interesting tidbit was that the retail spaces for the two tower development directly east of the piedmont are shown on the brochure as 'leased' but that project has not been announced yet. It seems that part of that block will be a hotel as it shows a hotel lobby near the 'leased' retail space. Interesting.....maybe some announcements soon for both the tenants coming to the space as well as the new project?

Also the space long vacant at the Brickyard on Mill will house an Eddie Chow concept called Matsuri. It use to be that Italian restaurant back in the day.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 8:58 PM

Crane is going up for the new apartments on Novus Parcel 3F (SWC of 6th St and Packard Dr - directly east of the Hyatt)

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Interesting....I looked at Novus Place recent updated leasing brochure and it shows that half of the ground floor retail space of the 777 Tower is out for an LOI and that most of the spaces for the Piedmont have leases out for signatures. The interesting tidbit was that the retail spaces for the two tower development directly east of the piedmont are shown on the brochure as 'leased' but that project has not been announced yet. It seems that part of that block will be a hotel as it shows a hotel lobby near the 'leased' retail space. Interesting.....maybe some announcements soon for both the tenants coming to the space as well as the new project?

Also the space long vacant at the Brickyard on Mill will house an Eddie Chow concept called Matsuri. It use to be that Italian restaurant back in the day.
Thanks for the info. It seems like that area should be pretty favorable for retail if they can do it right.

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 11:56 PM

DRC packets for:

Phase II of the Broadstone apartments at the Grande (Priest/Washington): https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...84745727566946

250 Rio (Rio Salado/Ash): https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...84023327065552

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 4:12 PM

Last Major Parcel in the ASU Research park is getting developed:

https://azbex.com/planning-developme...ark-expansion/

Quote:
Arizona State University Research Park, Inc. announced Viasat Inc., a leading global communications company, is expanding its current footprint at the 324-acre ASU Research Park to accommodate the company’s future growth projections.

Viasat evaluated several major U.S. locations for expansion capabilities. The selection of ASU Research Park was driven primarily by the affordable cost and availability of technical talent, existing company strategic presence, and a favorable business climate.

With this step, planning is now underway to create a culturally aligned campus in proximity to Viasat’s existing ASU Research Park campus. In total, the expansion spans more than 16 acres, and is planned over several phases of development.

Phase 1, located south of ASU Research Park’s River Parkway and Viasat’s existing campus, sits on nearly 11.5 acres and will include a 135KSF building, an outdoor atrium, open space for events and employee recreation, and a parking structure. Current projections show a Phase 1 completion by June 2024.

Subsequent phases will largely be driven by the success of meeting Viasat’s hiring objectives but are expected to add three additional buildings totaling 260KSF, a conference area, a café, and another parking structure.

ASU Research Park currently has 50 corporate tenants that employ more than 6,000 people.
For Reference its this major central parcel: https://goo.gl/maps/ECjDz4PKFkH8P8fV9

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
DRC packets for:

Phase II of the Broadstone apartments at the Grande (Priest/Washington): https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...84745727566946

250 Rio (Rio Salado/Ash): https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...84023327065552
Gee, isn't Phase II of the Broadstone apartments right under the north runway's flight path? I'm sure the City of Phoenix will soon be rushing to show concern over how that would impact future residents there just like they are doing for the Coyote's development which is literally opposite of the Grande.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 3:37 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Gee, isn't Phase II of the Broadstone apartments right under the north runway's flight path? I'm sure the City of Phoenix will soon be rushing to show concern over how that would impact future residents there just like they are doing for the Coyote's development which is literally opposite of the Grande.
I'm so glad someone said it before I did. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about phase 2. I compared the two sites yesterday and they are nearly identical in distances and positions under the flight paths (assuming both flight lines are parallel to the runways when approaching).

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
I'm so glad someone said it before I did. I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about phase 2. I compared the two sites yesterday and they are nearly identical in distances and positions under the flight paths (assuming both flight lines are parallel to the runways when approaching).

I'll be the first to admit knowing very little but runway obstacle distance but is .17 of a mile nearly identical for possible takeoff/landing problems? I'd assume so and it seems Sky Harbor quickly backed off some of their more egregious economic impact data points when challenged by the Yotes. Hopefully their plan will end up being a go after all.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 5:42 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I'll be the first to admit knowing very little but runway obstacle distance but is .17 of a mile nearly identical for possible takeoff/landing problems? I'd assume so and it seems Sky Harbor quickly backed off some of their more egregious economic impact data points when challenged by the Yotes. Hopefully their plan will end up being a go after all.
From what I have read, the average 737-800 (the most common plane in the US) has an average climb rate of about 1800 feet per minute fully loaded. So we're probably talking roughly about 30' of less height in that short of a distance for the Coyotes location...give or take.

The concern that PHX and airport officials tried bringing up was the noise being of concern for the residential component. But I don't think 30' is going to be much of a difference in jet noise.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 7:24 PM

Quote:
From what I have read, the average 737-800 (the most common plane in the US) has an average climb rate of about 1800 feet per minute fully loaded. So we're probably talking roughly about 30' of less height in that short of a distance for the Coyotes location...give or take.

The concern that PHX and airport officials tried bringing up was the noise being of concern for the residential component. But I don't think 30' is going to be much of a difference in jet noise.
That's right, I've lived in a big Northeast city before right next to a raise highway with no noise reduction features like walls or quiet pavement, my apartment wall would shake when big trucks went by. For the most part I got used to it after a while but I'm also not a NIMBY that would buy in an area then go complain and try to change it later. If I buy or rent there I'd be willing to accept that I'm going to hear planes. To your point, it's no different then the countless other apartments all around the lake and downtown Tempe now.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 8:33 PM

Quote:

Are they concerned more about the 737-800 that fly out today - or the larger 777 and Airbus international flights they want to attract tomorrow with the new 'west terminal' that's planned?

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Are they concerned more about the 737-800 that fly out today - or the larger 777 and Airbus international flights they want to attract tomorrow with the new 'west terminal' that's planned?
When I worked for BA and later flew on the 747's and 777's from London to Phoenix, they almost always used the north runway, which is the longest runway of the 3 at 11,490'. When it did use the longer of the 2 south runways, it was always for takeoff to the west, never to the east, so the Coyotes development still shouldn't impose any sort of an undue burden on aircraft being able to take off or land at PHX. I still maintain that it's more out of jealousy and spite that the City of Phoenix is doing this, rather than a genuine concern for residents under the flight path or safety. The building heights are all within what the FAA allows for that location, and I believe that the Coyotes have already reduced the maximum height proposed from 140' to 120' anyway.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 4:02 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
When I worked for BA and later flew on the 747's and 777's from London to Phoenix
A little off topic on this. But since you mentioned it, I had thought that the 777's replaced the 747's? The past couple of weeks, they have been flying A350's into Phoenix. Did they already scrap flying 777's or are they flying both?

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 4:56 PM

Quote:
A little off topic on this. But since you mentioned it, I had thought that the 777's replaced the 747's? The past couple of weeks, they have been flying A350's into Phoenix. Did they already scrap flying 777's or are they flying both?
Pretty sure the AA flight to London is a 777. Wouldn't surprise me if BA used an A350. Not sure what Condor flies.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
Pretty sure the AA flight to London is a 777. Wouldn't surprise me if BA used an A350. Not sure what Condor flies.
We don’t fly often but my wife and I flew British Airways round trip to London about 3 weeks ago. We were on an A350 and the plane was quite comfortable even though we were in coach.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 11:18 PM

Only four floors to go on the first tower of Pier 202. The next tower should shoot up to match fairly quickly thereafter. I drove by yesterday and the interior work looks non existent on the ground floor, not much framing or MEP work by the looks of it. Just an empty shell still.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 11:22 PM

Has anyone else had a chance to take the streetcar yet? I live by University and Mill and have taken it a couple times to places I used to go to when I lived by Rural and Apache last year, works pretty well for that purpose especially when it's getting unbearably hot to walk. Not too many people on there when I go but hopefully there will be more riders when people come back for the school year. Noticed a security guard falling asleep on duty while on it yesterday so that is a little concerning but other than that no complaints so far.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 2:01 PM

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 2:02 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest