HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
^ if anything showcases how inferior the new complex is in terms of presence and skyline it's images like this.
What is nice about the image compared to others is the reverse image seen in the reflection of the glass, the clear sky and easy visibility of buildings through the bare tree branches.

Something about 7 WTC appearing to be to the left and offset back from the One WTC almost makes One WTC seem like a lone north tower, but with an updated design, while the offset 7 WTC almost reminds you of a shorter twin offset to the south, offset much like the south tower was to the north tower.

Overall the complex definitely won't be complete without Two WTC being built. Once that is done the final evaluation of the complex and how it stacks up to the old complex can be done. Already the site is much more filled in looking than it was before Three WTC was built. Right now there is a big void still left to be filled by Two WTC.

While it's not something a lot of people have liked, choosing not to rebuild on the footprints of the old twin towers really served as a lasting memorial to showing the absence of buildings in that space, allowing the Four WTC, Three WTC and eventual Two WTC to the left (right) and One WTC to the right (left) to serve almost the sides of a gateway (this is especially apparent in twin freedom tower mock ups as viewed from the north (south)), with the space previously occupied by the twin towers being left empty as an ever present reminder.

Video Link

Directly relevant to this thread, the low rise Performing Arts Center (now built to full height although still currently under construction) in that image also fills in a gap at street level near the base of 7 WTC and One WTC in a way almost reminiscent of the way the Marriott Hotel building (3 WTC) did in the old WTC complex.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrade2021 View Post
WTF is this?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 6:59 PM

Quote:
What is nice about the image compared to others is the reverse image seen in the reflection of the glass, the clear sky and easy visibility of buildings through the bare tree branches.

Something about 7 WTC appearing to be to the left and offset back from the One WTC almost makes One WTC seem like a lone north tower, but with an updated design, while the offset 7 WTC almost reminds you of a shorter twin offset to the south, offset much like the south tower was to the north tower.

Overall the complex definitely won't be complete without Two WTC being built. Once that is done the final evaluation of the complex and how it stacks up to the old complex can be done. Already the site is much more filled in looking than it was before Three WTC was built. Right now there is a big void still left to be filled by Two WTC.

While it's not something a lot of people have liked, choosing not to rebuild on the footprints of the old twin towers really served as a lasting memorial to showing the absence of buildings in that space, allowing the Four WTC, Three WTC and eventual Two WTC to the left (right) and One WTC to the right (left) to serve almost the sides of a gateway (this is especially apparent in twin freedom tower mock ups as viewed from the north (south)), with the space previously occupied by the twin towers being left empty as an ever present reminder.

Video Link

Directly relevant to this thread, the low rise Performing Arts Center (now built to full height although still currently under construction) in that image also fills in a gap at street level near the base of 7 WTC and One WTC in a way almost reminiscent of the way the Marriott Hotel building (3 WTC) did in the old WTC complex.
I think I'd prefer they make 7WTC as tall as 1WTC at this point. Twin Towers don't work with such a large gap, also never liked the Twin 1WTC concept either.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 9:50 PM

I'm sorry but I must disagree with the prevailing feeling on this thread... this building looks like a Dillard's store from the 1970s that needs the wrecking ball. Dated before it's even finished.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
I'm sorry but I must disagree with the prevailing feeling on this thread... this building looks like a Dillard's store from the 1970s that needs the wrecking ball. Dated before it's even finished.
That must have been the best Dillard's store ever created if you think this looks anything like it. But uhh, on your other point, is there anything wrong with that? Who cares if it looks dated? I think the ESB looks dated. That doesn't mean a building looks bad.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 5:04 PM

Quote:
You're crazy.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 9:35 PM

Quote:
This building looks beautiful inside and out, what would you prefer it to look like?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 1:00 AM

Quote:
I understand taste in architecture is generally subjective but this is one of those rare cases where you are objectively wrong

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that is some weird looking marble. Wouldn't have been my choice.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:20 PM

looks yellowed and stained, like all the marble panels came off a public bathroom floor where the urinals leaked.

"Helmut Jahn has never suffered a failure of nerve."

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:20 PM

Ha! It appears as if everyone whom I believe has insistently terrible opinions concerning, well, just-about everything; is congregating here to trash this building.

Let’s get BillDitnow in here as well to hear what he has to say.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdeaded209 View Post
looks yellowed and stained, like all the marble panels came off a public bathroom floor where the urinals leaked.
Marble is a very interesting material. It is semi-translucent. When the lighting is just right, it can radiate as if it has its own glow. The yellow you see in the pics is just a reflection of the color of the Sun at the time. Most of the time, it's bright white. Have you been to see it in person?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:03 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

the marble makes a big box look great. its freaking trippy looking.

some of you need to get out more. go see it in person. maybe after omnicron fades. or if you are in the metro already its a good time to take a walk around downtown.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 10:29 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
Marble is a very interesting material. It is semi-translucent. When the lighting is just right, it can radiate as if it has its own glow. The yellow you see in the pics is just a reflection of the color of the Sun at the time. Most of the time, it's bright white. Have you been to see it in person?
Believe it or not it can also bow. I sincerely hope these panels won't be susceptible.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 12:01 PM

Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post

Oh crap. Looks like someone pissed on a Dillards. Tear this POS down!

Bwwahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahhah!!!!!!

Love this image. You’ve got what looks like a gorgeous geological formation worthy of the most beautiful canyon in southern Utah; while, at the same time, its perfect shape and the pixelation created by the panels make it seem like some virtual alien monolith. It’s spectacular

Old Posted Jan 31, 2022, 7:02 AM

Sciame Construction update video filmed in December 2021. Video shows mostly interior work that is ongoing.
https://www.facebook.com/sciameconst...54302556536859

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 2:52 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It appears that since January 24, 2022 on the webcam galore site https://www.webcamgalore.com/webcam/...York/2038.html, the underlying white wall behind the steel window pane supports on the remaining uncladded east section has been put up.

It is possible this means this remaining uncladded section will be cladded within the next few months, because in the past when this has happened, marble wall installation usually follows within the next few months.

One commenter on New York YIMBY brought up a good point about the open air staircase at the southwestern entrance of the PAC should have some form of protection from the outside elements https://newyorkyimby.com/2021/07/new...manhattan.html, especially considering how hurricanes can impact New York City and the exposed wooden paneling on the ceiling of the first floor.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2022, 1:21 PM

Quote:
One commenter on New York YIMBY brought up a good point about the open air staircase at the southwestern entrance of the PAC should have some form of protection from the outside elements, especially considering how hurricanes can impact New York City and the exposed wooden paneling on the ceiling of the first floor.

No

Dumb idea

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development