HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Hudson Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Detroit Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 3:59 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Could I get some context? ^
all the context you need is right here in this very thread.

Take this little gem for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Saying the tower is being built, right now, is untruthful.

Again, there are no permits. None. No financing. Nothing. No announcements about building program.

They're basically building a garage, right now, which replaces a previous garage, which was poorly built and nearly collapsing. The previous garage had to be replaced under any circumstance. Until there's some documentation indicating what (if anything) is being built above the garage, it's just boosterism to claim that a rebuilt garage is somehow indicative of what may eventually be built above.

I don't doubt there will eventually be a tower of some sort built on this site, but there's no reason to believe it's happening right now, absent evidence. And there's absolutely no reason for Bedrock to hide its plans, if it actually has plans. I mean, these plans would be the biggest development news in the city since the RenCen was announced nearly 50 years ago.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Could I get some context? ^
There has been endless obsessive internet trolling on this project for years by a lot of individuals but especially from one psychotic guy in particular.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
all the context you need is right here in this very thread.

Take this little gem for example:

A true literary work of art! Would be a good laugh to compile all of the trolling that's occurred since 2017. It's been quite a ride to say the least.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 1:41 PM

The trolling was even worse on the Detroit YES! forum:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...uilding-Thread

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 5:27 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
The trolling was even worse on the Detroit YES! forum:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...uilding-Thread
One (or more?) of those DetroitYes trolls tried to do the same shit over in this thread too, creating multiple accounts over the years, I just kept deleting and banning all of that crap.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 6:32 PM

I'm thrilled to see this tower being built. Honestly, it's the project I'm most excited to watch rise this year, along with the new Sherwin Williams tower in Cleveland. But I think a little skepticism on this project was warranted. It did seem odd how little information was out there about the details of this tower, and there was a major change to the floor count and height of the building. Has a hotel operator even been confirmed/announced yet? Given the scope of the project and a region that isn't exactly known for throwing up skyscrapers (in the modern era), I also had some skepticism that this would actually get built. But, as I said at the top of this post, I am thrilled it's getting built and very excited to watch it rise!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 10:38 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
But I think a little skepticism on this project was warranted. It did seem odd how little information was out there about the details of this tower, and there was a major change to the floor count and height of the building.
no doubt the way this project has come together and proceeded is very different from how i'm used to seeing these types of projects come to fruition in chicago.

so many aspects of it have had me just scratching my head, but i'm more just poking fun at the absolute insistence (way beyond mere skepticism) by some that there was no possible way that tower ever could/would be built at this time.

i mean, freaking steel is now going up, and the elevator core is what, 9 levels above grade now. they sure as shit are building something on the tower site.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 7, 2022 at 1:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 10:51 PM
Registered Ugly

I certainly understand some healthy skepticism, but as others have mentioned here, certain folks love to come in here and try to poison the well. I am a homer-booster, I'll admit, and even I became a little more cautious in my optimism after Covid and Dan's stroke. But some of the posts here should be analyzed against the DSM-V.

The primary reason for my continued optimism was just how much Dan and his companies have done already, with little to no sign of stopping. On the one hand, it feels super shady to not know every detail about all of their projects, especially when malfeasance seemed to run in the DNA of Detroit city government for awhile. On the other hand, we've seen Rock turn out some pretty awesome projects, and continues to do so. Look at the Book Tower. Who else was going to do that?

I'll concede that it's pretty frustrating at times to feel so in the dark, but it's hard to fault Detroit city government's eagerness for major projects in spite of a major lack of details because it wasn't so long ago that rooting for Detroit to turn around was sort of like being a Lions fan. The city operated in triage mode for so long, there has to be some long-term PTSD there.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 11:06 PM
Everywhere all at once

Can we talk about how the most recently updated threads on this subforum are three midwestern cities, all for towers over 500 feet? Pretty cool

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 12:38 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Can we talk about how the most recently updated threads on this subforum are three midwestern cities, all for towers over 500 feet? Pretty cool
That was my doing.

Intentionally so, thanks for noticing

And let's not forget to include the two recently topped out 500+ footers in Minneapolis!

And of course there's always the monumental tower boom in Chicago anchoring it all

All in all, this has been the best period of time in roughly 3 decades for Midwest tower construction, by far.

Viva la Midwest!

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 7, 2022 at 1:15 AM.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
But some of the posts here should be analyzed against the DSM-V.
Yeah, what we've endured goes way way beyond natural skepticism, and I don't refer to the people who were just skeptical. The ones who were having serious perpetual mental breakdowns over this project, the mental gymnastics, the compulsive lying, the gaslighting, it was something else. Not normal or warranted to say the least. Definitely a lot of it was driven by a bitter Detroit hatred, couldn't handle their core belief being shattered.

Cleveland didn't get any of this despite basically no real information on that project up until only these last few months. In fact the opposite happened, they were so sure they were getting a supertall.

There really isn't a single thing that is typical about the Hudson site. People are just gonna have to accept it.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
All in all, this has been the best period of time in roughly 3 decades for Midwest tower construction, by far.
What's more, this is happening during severe labor shortage, supply chain struggles, unprecedented inflation, and a possibility that many people will never return to work in offices!

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 11:23 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Yeah, what we've endured goes way way beyond natural skepticism, and I don't refer to the people who were just skeptical. The ones who were having serious perpetual mental breakdowns over this project, the mental gymnastics, the compulsive lying, the gaslighting, it was something else. Not normal or warranted to say the least. Definitely a lot of it was driven by a bitter Detroit hatred, couldn't handle their core belief being shattered.

Cleveland didn't get any of this despite basically no real information on that project up until only these last few months. In fact the opposite happened, they were so sure they were getting a supertall.

There really isn't a single thing that is typical about the Hudson site. People are just gonna have to accept it.
Not quite - sure, there were a few amateur hour architecture geeks with more delusions than actual knowledge who thought Sherwin-Williams “could build a supertall if they really wanted to”. As if Sherwin-Williams has an obligation to anything other than maximizing shareholder value. Those who know, knew we’d be getting something significant but not a chance of a supertall. That said, congrats Detroit - you’ve got a real beauty going up

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 3:43 PM

Wow, quite the progress on this one since I last had a look at it on here! Looks to have a really big footprint overall, and I would imagine that the buildings will ad a lot of bulk to the skyline in the near future...

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 1:52 AM

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 7:28 AM

Got some ground level pics the the other day.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 9:32 PM

I just wanted to point out that, on 6/24/2021, Bedrock tweeted "Hudson Development Milestone: Today, the block building takes shape with the arrival and installation of American made steel. Following initial column placement, periphery structure will be built over an estimated period of 9 months."

To be honest I was a bit skeptical of the optimistic forecast, but it has been just under 7 months since that announcement and the block is now expected to top out in a couple months. So, they pulled it off!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 2:30 PM

From skyscrapercity.com

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/attac...-jpeg.2866630/

Could be the top of the block?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 1:40 PM

I have just stumbled upon this WXYZ video. It's over 2 months old but may still be of interest to some of you. I surely found it informative:

Video Link

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 5:30 PM

Any photo updates on this project? How is the tower portion coming along?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction