HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
https://www.costar.com/article/79311...-fulton-market

Consulting Firm in Talks To Anchor New Tower in Milestone Deal for Chicago's Fulton Market

Boston Consulting Group Negotiating To Move Into 200,000 Square Feet

December 22, 2021 | 1:05 P.M.

I don't have a subscription, so if anyone else does and can post more info...
In addition to Kirkland's 53%, BCG was another 10% of 300 N. Lasalle that will now be for rent. 200k sqft is also a big expansion over the 125k sqft BCG currently has. Interesting for a consulting firm where people are barely in the office to begin with.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2021, 5:42 PM
devout Pizzatarian

1000M has its own dedicated construction thread:

CHICAGO | 1000M (1000 S Michigan) | 805 FT | 73 FLOORS

Posts have been moved there.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2021, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbs View Post
In addition to Kirkland's 53%, BCG was another 10% of 300 N. Lasalle that will now be for rent. 200k sqft is also a big expansion over the 125k sqft BCG currently has. Interesting for a consulting firm where people are barely in the office to begin with.
COVID is really changing things in the consulting world. Since we cannot be at clients like we used to, there is actually a lot more interest in being in the office, since productivity (and ability to teach new employees) goes up tremendously with co-location. Also helps with creating a community when ~50% of the staff is under two years out of college or business school. I think the idea is to create a much more enticing office setting to draw people in, coach people up, and get work done - if we don't, it becomes a much less attractive field to work in...

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 6:06 AM

Merry Christmas you Nerds!

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 4:07 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Merry Christmas you Nerds!
Aww, Merry Christmas indeed to everyone!

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Aww, Merry Christmas indeed to everyone!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year All!!!!

Old Posted Dec 26, 2021, 8:07 PM

1400 S. Wabash appears to be Under Construction

Last edited by BVictor1; Dec 27, 2021 at 1:28 AM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 8:14 PM
DENNAB

I totally underestimated the amount of sub 500 footers U/C that'll still impact the downtown area / expand it, immensely so.

As much as I love height this is also super important / exciting for the skyline as a whole. Speaking of that though, while I'm thrilled the Thompson Center will likely be saved, where will Chicago's next supertall go? I wonder if Chase is still planning one, or if 130 Franklin would be an option.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 9:14 PM
TL;DR

I don't think Chase ever was planning a supertall, that's just wild SSPeculation. They may be looking for new office space, but that's all we know...

I would assume the next supertall will be Tribune, but the condos in the existing building are not selling at a breakneck pace.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 9:53 PM

This is more of a dark horse at this point, but the proposed twin for NEMA was right on the cusp of supertall status as well.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I don't think Chase ever was planning a supertall, that's just wild SSPeculation. They may be looking for new office space, but that's all we know...

I would assume the next supertall will be Tribune, but the condos in the existing building are not selling at a breakneck pace.
Planning and looking into are 2 different things. Some companies are always looking at their options so who knows.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 11:57 PM

160 N. Morgan

I asked one of the guys on site when foundation work on the tower might begin and he said maybe next month... So I'll just say more than likely within the first quarter of 2022.

So in six-months we'll have (at least) four tower cranes between Peoria and Elizabeth, Lake and Randolph.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
So in six-months we'll have (at least) four tower cranes between Peoria and Elizabeth, Lake and Randolph.
If you extend the boundaries a bit more west, 140 N Ashland scored a construction loan two months ago and is beginning demolition prep

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 2:44 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post

Maybe not "breakneck" but not necessarily bad either? (This is from a few pages back).

Quote:
Crain’s research in county records shows that the Tribune developers, Golub Realty and CIM Group, have delivered 51 of the 151 condos, or 33%. Jeanne Martini, the tower’s sales director, told Crain’s that with pending contracts included, the figure would be “right at 50%.”
And Vista...

Quote:
He emailed a prepared statement that said, among other things, that “sales have exceeded our expectations” and that “we are approximately 60% sold or under contract.”

According to Crain’s research in the Cook County recorder of deeds online records, by Nov. 10 the developer had closed the sales of 151 units at its 353-unit St. Regis tower. That’s 42% sold.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 1:23 AM

121 S Ashland - RUSH

Dec 30

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 2:16 AM

160 N Elizabeth

Dec 30

Big Pin Piers - concrete is pumped into the hollow bit as it is withdrawn, then the cage is lowered in

r

The brace for holding off the cage once it is lowered.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Maybe not "breakneck" but not necessarily bad either? (This is from a few pages back).

And Vista...
Definitely not bad IMO in this environment. The new supertall I believe only has 125 condos planned (because of rentals and hotel components) so would be actually less supply to move than the 151 in the rehab. And this is over a 4+ year time frame. Maybe they are a bit more expensive than the current Tribune renovation though.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 2:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Dec 30

Nice capture of the height of Salesforce against 110 Wacker and the others. I believe floor 59 is in the form, with 2 more floor heights to go which gives us how Salesforce will appear on the skyline.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I totally underestimated the amount of sub 500 footers U/C that'll still impact the downtown area / expand it, immensely so.

As much as I love height this is also super important / exciting for the skyline as a whole. Speaking of that though, while I'm thrilled the Thompson Center will likely be saved, where will Chicago's next supertall go? I wonder if Chase is still planning one, or if 130 Franklin would be an option.
This is Tishman's 'ready to order' building at 130 N Franklin. They are also developing Chase's new headquarters in NYC at 270 Park Ave. They said they wanted up to 1 million sqft and Tishman's specs on this are 1.1 million so it would be a good fit. For those reasons I speculate maybe Chase works with Tishman at this site. 53 floors so only in the 750 ft range. Logically it makes sense but I don't know if Chase wants a downgrade in building brand/height in Chicago.

As a side note the city extended this year's deadline for this development to September 2022 (https://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/...-blames-covid/) so there is maybe some urgency at Tishman to get this site filled.

https://tishmanspeyer.com/properties/130-north-franklin

Tishman used to have a really sweet video of this building too but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can please post.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 3:30 AM

I think that link is referring to an old rendering design by kruck sexton... That was the better design before somewhere circulating was a much blander standard office tower for this location. Its such a waste to have potential for so much office space by Chase being shopped around to only go into a building that is 750 ft... Kinda similiar to Salesforce being fully occupied pretty much...these towers could of pushed passed 950 ft and broke out of the monotony of Chicago office towers heights and designs.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations