HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 12:04 AM

Will the heritage portion of this project affect the Tarion warranty protection of the condos in the new build towers?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 12:58 AM

Does anyone know what happened to that sign? Would be wonderful if Trinity got a hold of it and restored it

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 2:56 PM
inner city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayday23 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to that sign? Would be wonderful if Trinity got a hold of it and restored it
Oh man, that would be awesome if it were around, and they could work it in somewhere.

I've always loved how the developer was able to do that with the sign on Tip Top Lofts in Toronto.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKellarDweller View Post
Oh man, that would be awesome if it were around, and they could work it in somewhere.

I've always loved how the developer was able to do that with the sign on Tip Top Lofts in Toronto.
Love that building!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:

It wouldn't be hard for the developer to recreate that sign. Not "heritage", but it would make an interesting installation.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:

And the big "W" at Woodwards project in Vancouver.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Trinity to preserve heritage gas station as part of Westboro development

David Sali, OBJ
November 27, 2020

***SNIP***

Trinity sold its stake in another proposed three-tower development at the forthcoming Gladstone LRT station to partner CLV Group this spring, but Premji said the builder remains bullish on the National Capital Region.

“We see a lot of potential in Ottawa, especially in the rental market,” he said. “We’re going to keep working there.”
https://obj.ca/article/real-estate/r...ro-development

Old Posted Nov 28, 2020, 7:27 AM

I had no idea Trinity has been out of this one since the Spring. I doubt the existing proposal will ever happen, although I'm curious to see what CLV Group does with it. That company manages a huge stock of old apartments, but I have never heard of them developing a massive new project.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 4:07 PM

As long as the Standard Bread Building is fully preserved, I'm good.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2021, 8:47 AM

Been following some of the new high rise projects lately. Is this project canceled or not ? The website is still online. If anybody knows thanks for letting me know.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2021, 12:44 PM

It hasn't been cancelled as far as I know. Trinity just sold its share of the project. That said, I don't expect it to go up for a few years still.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2021, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
It hasn't been cancelled as far as I know. Trinity just sold its share of the project. That said, I don't expect it to go up for a few years still.
I think it's very unlikely this project will resemble the Trinity proposal when it resurfaces.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2021, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I think it's very unlikely this project will resemble the Trinity proposal when it resurfaces.
I'm sure you're correct. We can hopefully still expect some good height and the full preservation of the Standard Bread building.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 1:53 AM

They have been drilling, collecting soil samples on the properties (not street) on Loretta and Gladstone this week.

There has been a lot of locates for utilities in the past month but they seem to be on the street which I think is scheduled for water main rehabilitation this year.

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 11:47 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

CLV Group Developments Inc. on behalf of TIP Gladstone LP has resubmitted this proposal for 951 Gladstone Avenue and 145 Loretta Avenue.

The proposed development consists of two (2) related components. The first is along Gladstone Avenue and contains retail, residential, and office components, anchored by the retained and restored Standard Bread Building on the east side, and a five (5) storey podium along the street. The podium uses a mix of red brick and concrete together on the first four floors before stepping back at the fifth storey. Black panels clad the fifth floor and articulate the lower floors of the podium to create visual interest and to reflect the industrial character of the surrounding area.

An internal pedestrian street provides access through the retail and office podium from Gladstone Avenue to the north end of the site and the other residential towers. Retail uses will animate this internal street that will act as an important pedestrian access into the site.

Above the retail and office podium is the tallest of the proposed residential towers at 35 storeys. The tower is set 4.78 metres back above the podium below along Gladstone, and approximately 20 metres from Loretta Avenue North. An enclosed rooftop amenity space is proposed to be integrated with the mechanical penthouse of the building also providing access to exterior amenity space on the rooftop. The mechanical systems on the rooftop are integrated into the building design.

The second component of the project is along Loretta Avenue North, and includes two additional residential towers focused on a central green space and drop-off court. The character of this area is significantly more residential in nature, with building and unit entrances, and common amenity spaces animating the space. Residential Tower 2 is located centrally on the site, abutting the rail corridor and features a five (5) storey base. The building has a total height of 33 storeys. Finally, Residential Tower 3 is located at the north end of the site and features a four (4) storey podium. Tower 3 has a total height of 30 storeys. Tower 3 also includes a rooftop enclosed amenity area for residents that is integrated with the mechanical penthouse.

Two Privately Owned Public Spaces (POPS) are proposed on the site. The first is located along Loretta Avenue North and has an area of 375 square metres. The second POPS has an area of 444 square metres and is located between Towers 2 and 3 and has an area of approximately 444 square metres, providing access between Loretta Avenue North and the multi-use pathway along the west side of the Trillium Line corridor. Both spaces provide tree planting areas and reflect the urban nature of the site.

A total of 846 residential dwelling units are proposed within all three (3) residential buildings including a range of bachelor, one-, two-, and three-bedroom units. Together with the residential, approximately 1,600 square metres of retail space and 16,450 square metres of office space are proposed.
A total of 570 parking spaces are proposed to serve the proposed development including 14 surface parking spaces in the central courtyard and 534 spaces within the two (2) storey underground parking garage. Access to the parking garage is proposed from two locations on Loretta Avenue. Given the proximity to rapid transit service, there are no minimum parking requirements for development on the subject property. A minimum of 30 visitor parking spaces is required.

A total of 502 bicycle parking spaces are provided within the development which includes 80 spaces for retail and office uses. The majority of the bike parking spaces will be provided within the underground garage, with some spaces provided at-grade for retail and office users, and for residential visitors.
The project will be developed in two phases, with the retail component, restoration of Standard Bread Building, and Residential Towers 1 and 2 being built in Phase 1. Tower 3 will be developed as part of Phase 2. The parking garage is anticipated to be constructed entirely within Phase 1.

Architect: Hobin Architecture

Development application:
https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...1-0053/details

Siteplan:

Renderings:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2nT8YDy.png

Last edited by rocketphish; May 27, 2022 at 1:48 AM. Reason: Fixed broken image link

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 12:24 PM

Looks identical to the previous concept! I'm just glad this project is still being considered after Trinity sold it.

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 2:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
Looks identical to the previous concept! I'm just glad this project is still being considered after Trinity sold it.
I do not love the auto-oriented drop-off loop, but otherwise looks promising. Why can't they put that behind the building?

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil235 View Post
I do not love the auto-oriented drop-off loop, but otherwise looks promising. Why can't they put that behind the building?
100% agreed.

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Gets cars and couriers off the street for stopping or taking up valuable bike lane space for drop off and pick-up...

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 5:31 PM

Quote:
That loop faces the back end of Canadian Bank Note Limited, so I don't see it ever becoming a pleasant place to walk or bike anyway. Pushing it further back as the lot gets narrower could be challenging. That location also provides access to all three towers.

As long as the Gladstone front and the first 100 meters of Loretta presents an active face, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshsparrow View Post
Gets cars and couriers off the street for stopping or taking up valuable bike lane space for drop off and pick-up...
Agreed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa