HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 4:00 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
175 Park looks to be about 1475-1500' in those renders. Making me nervous...
That's around the most recent height of 1,486'

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 5:14 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
175 Park looks to be about 1475-1500' in those renders. Making me nervous...
Don’t be nervous

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 10:06 PM
New Yorker for life

A look at the public plaza (POPS) that will be located on Madison Avenue. Originally planned as an indoor plaza, this is the compromise that led to the cantilevered version of 270 Park.

It looks like it will be a great public space, with lighting and water features. When this is approved, they'll get the full construction permit.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 12:32 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 9:26 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.businessinsider.com/jpmo...oposals-2021-4

We got a peek at JPMorgan’s latest plans for its new NYC headquarters, which show clues about how the bank views the future of office work

Daniel Geiger
April 19, 2021

Quote:
.....Dimon’s pledge to downsize, though, doesn’t seem to apply to the brand-new headquarters that JPMorgan is building in midtown Manhattan for about 14,000 of its more than 250,000 employees. But while the firm is forging ahead with work on the $3 billion tower, which is set to begin rising this year and is slated for completion in 2024, it’s adapting its interior design to the times.

A construction document provided to Insider by a source with direct knowledge of the bank’s real-estate plans hinted at the shift that JPMorgan envisions for the layouts in its headquarters space. The firm plans to utilize what it calls a “universal design” for the interior of the 1,425-foot tower at 270 Park Avenue.
Quote:
The document, a request for proposals recently released by the bank to procure a construction manager for the skyscraping project, said the ideal interior for the 2.5 million-square-foot skyscraper will be able to accommodate multiple configurations. A spokesperson for JPMorgan Chase told Insider the bank was pursuing a flexible design both in response to the pandemic and as part of a strategy predating COVID-19 in which it sought to make its workspaces more malleable to shifting work practices and habits.

“We are learning from this year, and always design our spaces to be flexible to adapt to any business or market changes,” the spokesperson said.
Quote:
Now more tenants are trying to build adaptability into spaces to accommodate the office’s evolving and uncertain role in the future. The office may be a place for employees to work only part of the time or on specific tasks or projects, or where they gather primarily for group work, meetings, or events.

“270 Park Avenue is an example of a building that probably has a four- or five-year time frame before it’s finished, but they need to design it in the next year or so during a very fluid period,” said Emily Sobel, an architect and senior director at Savills who focuses on office design. “We’re in a moment of peak change, and designers have a heavy lift to take what we already knew was a need for flexibility and now future-proof it.”

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 5:02 PM
New Yorker for life

Nice view of the 280 Park towers...soon to be replaced by a nice view of 270 Park.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN5QgxKDGW9/

Some "classic" views of that crane in higher days, as it went up and came down...

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 6:00 PM
Ω

Although what we're getting is better it does kind of hurt seeing the existing tower come down. I have a soft spot for this style of Miesian Mad Men Modernism.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 8:25 AM
Crane Goddess

^Me too! I adored this tower together with 277 across the road, the two of them looked like a couple. Now poor 277's all alone.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 3:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
^Me too! I adored this tower together with 277 across the road, the two of them looked like a couple. Now poor 277's all alone.
277’s getting a little makeover right now. But if it one day becomes owner occupied (such a tenant would want new construction), it’s days could be numbered as well. Park Avenue is precious real estate, and building bigger is the only way to make more of it. 350 Park is next in line. Eventually, with all the kids on the block getting shiny, new toys, the option becomes more attractive.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Although what we're getting is better it does kind of hurt seeing the existing tower come down. I have a soft spot for this style of Miesian Mad Men Modernism.
Quote:

^I agree... as I've shared here before, I have great memories of working at Manny Hanny back in the '80s.

I used to take breaks/lunch in a small room off to the side of a meeting room projection booth that fronted Park Ave. It was so private and peaceful, yet Park Ave traffic was 11 floors below me. AHHHH

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 9:39 PM

I also want to express my gratitude for the mod's exhaustive documentation of this project and so many others. This becomes a place to revisit the endless transformation of the greatest city on earth in a real-time way that is invaluable.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 10:38 PM
West End & Riverside

I'll be doing some work at JPMC in the Bear Stearns on various floors coming up soon and will be sure to get some construction shots. I got some of the demolition last September but never posted I don't think:

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 11:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerumer View Post
I'll be doing some work at JPMC in the Bear Stearns on various floors coming up soon and will be sure to get some construction shots. I got some of the demolition last September but never posted I don't think:

Views should be great from that angle.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 11:56 PM
New Yorker for life

https://nypost.com/2021/04/21/landlo...h-certificate/

Landlords lure workers back with new health certificate

By Lois Weiss
April 21, 2021

Quote:
.....JPMorgan’s upcoming 1,425-foot-tall tower at 270 Park Ave. is targeting the full WELL certification.

“In the past, it was LEED,” said James Dean, the co-founder of HVAC designer Oxygen8, referring to the certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. “But right now people care about a healthy work environment.”

His company is helping commercial spaces make the WELL grade and reducing their carbon footprint by outfitting them with low-profile, ductless electric heating, ventilation and air-cooling systems.

They feature a special membrane that uses less energy and retains a higher humidity — which helps to fight viruses — and still provides 100 percent outdoor air pushed through a MERV 13 filter (a high standard for filters).

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 12:48 AM

Ductless heating (LOL at the thought of electric heat being cheap) and ventilation? What is the point of electric heat if you still need to ventilate (and cool) the building?

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 11:45 PM
New Yorker for life

I think this older pic captures the essence of the current transformation of Park Avenue...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN9kmOKDF9K/

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 3:08 AM
Crane Goddess

About 277 Park Avenue, it's still owned by the original company that built it- the Stahl organization. It's their flagship, for what its worth.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 3:44 AM
BANNED

The asset is the property — not the obsolete building. It will be redeveloped.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 5:16 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
About 277 Park Avenue, it's still owned by the original company that built it- the Stahl organization. It's their flagship, for what its worth.
Which makes it all the more valuable, including development rights.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2021, 11:59 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

I wonder when will they start putting the first glass/exterior panels on this new supertall building...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction