HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 1:41 PM

Redevelopment of AT&T training center into condos directly south of the East Lake MARTA station. At 108 Park Place. Building is from the 1930s. I think this is technically in the city of Decatur by one block - East Lake always confuses me.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Redevelopment of AT&T training center into condos directly south of the East Lake MARTA station. At 108 Park Place. Building is from the 1930s. I think this is technically in the city of Decatur by one block - East Lake always confuses me.

classy.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
According to the website of the developer of the Metropolitan, it's only going to be 20 stories. What's up with that? Typo?

https://rayndev.com/
The developer is actually Landmark Properties. I read that Rayn assembles land and markets it to developer partners such as Landmark Properties. I assume that "20 stories" is just a generic description of the project.

Landmark has added the Metropolitan to their webcams.
https://app.oxblue.com/open/landmark...ties/dashboard

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 3:52 PM

Midtown DRC agenda for April

Old Posted Apr 10, 2021, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truittclark View Post
Teachers Village Atlanta at 98 Cone St. Proposed 445 apartments. 31 stories.

What Now Atlanta has a different rendering without balconies.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/developer...ntown-atlanta/

Old Posted Apr 12, 2021, 11:57 PM

New 128-unit housing project planned near Microsoft Corp.'s future campus

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...microsoft.html

Quote:
A new planned development on the rapidly evolving Westside includes some units offered at deeper affordability than most residential projects in the area. The project also plans to have for-sale units for entrepreneurs who want to live and work in the new building.

Windsor Stevens Holdings' transit-oriented development project, dubbed The Proctor, would include 128 residential units along the Atlanta Beltline, near Microsoft Corp.'s future 90-acre campus and a planned 40-acre project that could include up to 2,000 residences. It would be built on roughly 1 acre of vacant land on Lindsay Avenue, just off Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway close to the Bankhead MARTA station and near the Westside Beltline Connector Trail.

The project site is bounded byDonald Lee Hollowell Parkway, Oliver Street, Wheeler Street and Lindsay Street. The city recently granted the project a variance to construct an 84-foot tall building. The building will include studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units, the flex spaces and 15,000 square feet of retail space through five stories. Amenities will include a fitness center and rooftop terrace with a pool.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 12:51 AM

Right next to the rich townhomes.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 1:18 AM

Which townhomes? I swear I cannot keep up with everything happening over there.

RE Teachers Village:

The new renderings confirms my feeling that it is a nice simple design. If they can have clear balconies, or at least not brown as seen in the first rendering, I think it would turn out nice.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 1:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Which townhomes? I swear I cannot keep up with everything happening over there.
https://www.brockbuilt.com/new-homes...eet-townhomes/

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 1:51 AM

I agree Martinman. It's almost like it relates to the beautiful Healey building.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 12:28 PM

Asana Partners details plans for Krog District redevelopment

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

Quote:
The forthcoming redevelopment of a prime Inman Park property will bring more restaurants, retail and office space to the Atlanta Beltline's Eastside Trail.

Asana Partners is overhauling the Stove Works property that sits across the street from Krog Street Market and an adjacent parcel. The Charlotte-based firm, which bought the site from local outfit Paces Properties for $45 million in 2018, will construct two new buildings, a parking garage and a breezeway that connects the Eastside Trail through Stove Works to Krog Street Market. The breezeway will replace restaurant space that previously housed Rathbun's Restaurant and Krog Bar, which closed last May in anticipation of the redevelopment.

Once the redevelopment is complete, the property along with Asana's SPX Alley, which sits across the Eastside Trail from Stove Works, will be branded as The Krog District. Construction is scheduled to begin this summer, and Asana hopes to complete the redevelopment in June 2022.

In total, the project will include 59,000 square feet of retail and Class A office space and 186 new parking spaces. Atlanta-based architecture firm ASD|SKY created a mostly brick design for the buildings that fits with motif of the existing structures.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Just noticed this. Was the Toll Brothers project always 37 & 35 floors? I was thinking that the student tower was much shorter than the other tower.

I'm ready for this to break ground to continue the transformation along West Peachtree.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Just noticed this. Was the Toll Brothers project always 37 & 35 floors? I was thinking that the student tower was much shorter than the other tower.

I'm ready for this to break ground to continue the transformation along West Peachtree.
I think that initially when this project was discussed there was not inclusion of the parking levels as functional floors. It was like 29 & 27 floors. These figures you mention reflect the parking as well as residential floors combined. Pretty sizable development, for sure.

ATLotb

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 5:18 PM

What's interesting is that the student housing project is the second phase and not the first. I wonder if that's an indication that the student housing market here may finally be saturated? I'm glad that the market rate housing tower is the first phase though.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 5:45 PM

Is that an Apple store in the last Krog render?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Is that an Apple store in the last Krog render?
I hope so. I thought Apple announced a store near Ponce City Market about 18 months ago, though maybe I'm misremembering.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 11:59 PM

That Krog street project could happen, add zero new parking spaces, and would still be slammed with patrons. Great location and looking forward to its success.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
That Krog street project could happen, add zero new parking spaces, and would still be slammed with patrons. Great location and looking forward to its success.
The article states there will be a garage with 186 new parking spaces.

"Directly to the south of Krog Street Market and across from Stove Works, Asana will raze a one-story building and replace it with The Butler, a four-story building with 10,000 square feet of ground-floor retail, 18,000 square feet of Class A office space and a 186-space parking deck. The parking will be available for the entire Krog District development."

I'm pretty sure that's the white building that looks unused.

They're also going to build a smaller three story building at the corner of Krog and Irwin/Lake, where the gravel lot currently is.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 1:36 AM

Ah yeah I meant theoretically they could add zero parking spaces and still be fine, not that they’re physically not adding spaces. With the streetcar extension here and Irwin/Lake already backed up, I wish we’d turn it into a shared street or only accessible to local traffic. People visiting can park at studioplex parking or pay and walk. They don’t need front door access to Krog street market.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 4:02 AM

Teacher's Village additional views

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta