HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
Yup took this one yesterday:

Any more recent photos of this West Peachtree demolition, anyone?
Thank you !

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 7:00 AM

Colony Square / 1105 West Peachtree

Couple of pics I took Monday. Colony Square is going to be something special!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Any more recent photos of this West Peachtree demolition, anyone?
Thank you !
I don't know if SSP has a thread for the project so I should probably start one. I've been posting more on SSC since it has a designated project thread here.

This is from a few days ago. Not much has changed, but they are busy clearing debris this morning. I'll take another one later in the day.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2020, 4:26 PM

Hanover Advances 40-Story Midtown Tower With Land Development Permit Filing
Multifamily mixed-use was proposed to the Midtown Design Review Committee almost a year ago to the day

Multifamily mixed-use was proposed to the Midtown Design Review Committee almost a year ago to the day

Old Posted Dec 24, 2020, 8:20 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
It's the lot behind it with the Delta Community Credit Union that's owned by the historical foundation, not the lot itself. I think the house itself (and potentially the historic retail strip that it shares a block with) is protected, and I bet they've made bank selling off air rights, too.
Ok thanks

Old Posted Dec 24, 2020, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post

Nice, I think that’s going across the street from the New Hampton hotel? Or Mabe a block North of there.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtec View Post
I was down on West peachtree st looking at where that Hanover 40 story tower is supposed to go, I really couldn’t see any land for it to go on. I drove by twice and didn’t see any vacant land. I wish it would go on that property on spring st just North of 14th st & next to the shell gas station. It would look good sitting there above the connector. And another thing to, on west peachtree and West Linden av that building on that corner is that a parking garage or a hotel? It looks like a fancy parking garage but I thought it was supposed to be a Hotel there. Across linden there is a hotel on the North west corner but that huge lot across from there looks like a parking garage with some design.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
I was down on West peachtree st looking at where that Hanover 40 story tower is supposed to go, I really couldn’t see any land for it to go on. I drove by twice and didn’t see any vacant land. I wish it would go on that property on spring st just North of 14th st & next to the shell gas station. It would look good sitting there above the connector. And another thing to, on west peachtree and West Linden av that building on that corner is that a parking garage or a hotel? It looks like a fancy parking garage but I thought it was supposed to be a Hotel there. Across linden there is a hotel on the North west corner but that huge lot across from there looks like a parking garage with some design.
It is to be built on the lot where there’s a 2-3 story office building that’s the Boys & Girls Club of America HQ at 1200 W. P’tree. You can see the existing parking garage for the mini IBM Tower bldg to the left in the rendering of the future highrise.

Also, that is a huge new Parking Garage for Emory Crawford Long on W. P’tree & Linden. The hotel is supposed to go on the portion of that block immediately south of the garage along W. P’tree. Guess it still hasn’t started construction.

ATLotb

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 2:12 PM

I wish the Winship Cancer Center and that massive parking garage traded places. Oh well.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
I wish the Winship Cancer Center and that massive parking garage traded places. Oh well.
You want to see a massive parking deck fronting Peachtree Street and a hospital facing the interstate-- not very good urbanism or planning--

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
You want to see a massive parking deck fronting Peachtree Street and a hospital facing the interstate-- not very good urbanism or planning--
I see your point. However, I just feel like the Cancer center should be more visual rather than being sandwiched behind the BOA tower. I think it would be nice to see it driving on the connector.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2020, 8:25 PM

Quote:
I see your point. However, I just feel like the Cancer center should be more visual rather than being sandwiched behind the BOA tower. I think it would be nice to see it driving on the connector.
It will be nicer to walk by instead of a parking deck.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
It is to be built on the lot where there’s a 2-3 story office building that’s the Boys & Girls Club of America HQ at 1200 W. P’tree. You can see the existing parking garage for the mini IBM Tower bldg to the left in the rendering of the future highrise.

Also, that is a huge new Parking Garage for Emory Crawford Long on W. P’tree & Linden. The hotel is supposed to go on the portion of that block immediately south of the garage along W. P’tree. Guess it still hasn’t started construction.

ATLotb
Oh ok I got it. Thanks

Old Posted Dec 29, 2020, 2:38 PM

So construction of this Hanover project and the 15th Street extension would happen at the same time. Along with Midtown Union two blocks to the north, this will be transformative for the area!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
I don't know if SSP has a thread for the project so I should probably start one. I've been posting more on SSC since it has a designated project thread here.

This is from a few days ago. Not much has changed, but they are busy clearing debris this morning. I'll take another one later in the day.
Drove by this morning. Both law firm buildings on the eastern half of the site have been demolished, and they're removing debris.

I didn't realize how huge this site is.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 3:37 PM

Quote:

Drove by this morning. Both law firm buildings on the eastern half of the site have been demolished, and they're removing debris.

I didn't realize how huge this site is.
If this and 1382 Peachtree get started in the near future, Midtown's skyline could be radically different by the end of the year. Midtown Union is still climbing, 903 Peachtree and Emory Winship (not technically Midtown, I know) are barely vertical, and the Hadley, 14th & Spring, and the new batch of SCAD dorms are all just getting underway.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
If this and 1382 Peachtree get started in the near future, Midtown's skyline could be radically different by the end of the year. Midtown Union is still climbing, 903 Peachtree and Emory Winship (not technically Midtown, I know) are barely vertical, and the Hadley, 14th & Spring, and the new batch of SCAD dorms are all just getting underway.
Don't forget about 1230 West Peachtree!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2021, 4:34 PM
クラブトクヨ

I have Georgia on my mind! Nice updates!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 4:03 PM

10th & Spring

Updated rendering from Bender's twitter of Portman's 10th & Spring development:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations