HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 9:28 PM

Didn’t see this one coming!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 10:42 PM

Some street level views from the promotional brochure. Looks to be at the corner of Ivan Allen and Ted Turner.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 11:33 PM
DENNAB

Nice, I like that. It's not a boring box.

Atlanta is overdo for another skyscraper.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 12:39 AM

Well it looks good!

I remember being in high school when this tower was first announced lol

Would be great to finally see it off the ground after all these years.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 6:20 AM

This trophy tower is screaming for its own thread...

Number of floors? Height?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
This trophy tower is screaming for its own thread...

Number of floors? Height?
45 floors-- Purely speculative at the moment-- they will have to pre-lease 50% before beginning the project-- Its a huge bet on the Post-Covid Atlanta Office market--
Our old friend says its relying on some huge corporate relocation-- but he has been very wrong (many times) before--

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 6:37 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Duda|Paine's 50 Allen Plaza proposal is almost an exact copy of their Republic tower in Austin. Also, the angled/wedge feature cut out of the tower is exactly like the wedge cut out of another Duda tower being constructed in downtown Austin - 405 Colorado.

Austinites are still waiting to see if The Republic (46 stories/708' tall) is going to be built. The site plan for the structure has been approved by the city.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Duda|Paine's 50 Allen Plaza proposal is almost an exact copy of their Republic tower in Austin. Also, the angled/wedge feature cut out of the tower is exactly like the wedge cut out of another Duda tower being constructed in downtown Austin - 405 Colorado.

Austinites are still waiting to see if The Republic (46 stories/708' tall) is going to be built. The site plan for the structure has been approved by the city.
405 Colorado reminds me of the promotional scheme for 1369 Spring. While it's not a true proposal, the property is owned by the same developer as 50 Allen Plaza, so I'm betting it's another Duda Paine design.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
Well since I can't seem to find its thread here's an update on Margaritaville downtown.

pics by me.
Looking Groovy lol. Another addition to the skyline. I have to say I’ve seen most skylines in America and been to most cities, and IMO the Best skylines in America as far as Long lighting, Architecture, style, and Height I’d say my Top 5 would be Las Vegas, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, And San Francisco . Not necessarily in that order but all 5 of those city’s would be my first choice. Second to that I’d say Portland, LA, Chicago, New Orleans & Houston. Judging by the buildings, how they are set up as you ride in looking at them from the highway, Etc.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyslam View Post
Daiquiri Factory is finally coming down to make room for the Cousins tower in Midtown.

pic is mine.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
The Atlanta threads in the Southeast forum are much more active than this one. Check these posts: https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/for...hp?forumid=330

Campanile - stalled. Some dispute between the owners and the contractors, and they're probably also in no rush thanks to COVID.
FDA - I haven't heard anything recently. When vacated I would expect this prime property to be redeveloped into either an office or residential high-rise.
Margaret Mitchell lot - yep, I assume a residential high-rise will be proposed for this site. Nothing released yet!
So what happens to the Margaret Mitchell house? Will they build around it or tear that down? If and when they decide to put something on that property?

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
Any updated demolition pictures of that West Peachtree & 7th/8th Cousins project, please? Thank you.

Pretty impressive skyline impact here, too, albeit more the rise above most others crown rather than sheer size of proposed Allen whallop when viewed from Connector ! Then again, I'd rather live, work and play in more night life and green space Midtown

https://901westpeachtree.com/

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 2:27 PM

Quote:
So what happens to the Margaret Mitchell house? Will they build around it or tear that down? If and when they decide to put something on that property?
It's the lot behind it with the Delta Community Credit Union that's owned by the historical foundation, not the lot itself. I think the house itself (and potentially the historic retail strip that it shares a block with) is protected, and I bet they've made bank selling off air rights, too.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
It's the lot behind it with the Delta Community Credit Union that's owned by the historical foundation, not the lot itself. I think the house itself (and potentially the historic retail strip that it shares a block with) is protected, and I bet they've made bank selling off air rights, too.

Yep on selling development rights.
Last paragraph below and you can Google subject - perhaps also on AJC .com - for much more

https://saportareport.com/georgian-t...s/david/david/

Old Posted Dec 16, 2020, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Any updated demolition pictures of that West Peachtree & 7th/8th Cousins project, please? Thank you.
Here you go. Taken yesterday:

pic is mine

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 12:32 PM

Wink

Quote:
Drove by this morning.

They're basically finished demolishing the building in the foreground. Could have the debris cleaned by the end of the day at the rate they're going. I'm guessing those other two law firm buildings to the east will be next.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 1:15 PM

Yup took this one yesterday:

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 3:48 PM
i ain't no bubba

A bit of random trivia...the black vehicle in the parking lot, middle left in the photo, is where a cringe-worthy scene from the Netflix series Ozark was filmed. Frank, Jr. was driving a black Trans-Am and had the family jewels blown off by Darlene with a shotgun.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
A bit of random trivia...the black vehicle in the parking lot, middle left in the photo, is where a cringe-worthy scene from the Netflix series Ozark was filmed. Frank, Jr. was driving a black Trans-Am and had the family jewels blown off by Darlene with a shotgun.
I remember that scene--

Old Posted Dec 18, 2020, 5:07 PM

There needs to be one of those historical plaques to commemorate it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations