HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 1:20 PM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 2:26 PM

IMG_0940 by JZeig1, on Flickr

IMG_0944 by JZeig1, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by JZeig1, on Flickr

IMG_0938 by JZeig1, on Flickr

IMG_0937 by JZeig1, on Flickr

IMG_0947 by JZeig1, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 3:11 PM

^
Looks pretty good, thanks!

God, this is so desperately needed. LGA will go from the region's worst airport to easily the best.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2019, 5:53 PM
Show me the blueprints

The new terminals will be impressive and obviously a massive improvement, but until the runways can be extended/reconfigured it will continue to be the nations most dangerous.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 21, 2019, 7:08 PM

The nation's most dangerous?

I didn't know that LGA was considered the nation's most dangerous airport. I find Ronald Reagan Washington National airport scarier.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2019, 11:00 PM
Show me the blueprints

Well I don't know if that's an official consensus but I've always heard that the runways are dangerously short.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 23, 2019, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
The new terminals will be impressive and obviously a massive improvement, but until the runways can be extended/reconfigured it will continue to be the nations most dangerous.
Yes, if they build a new third or fourth runways. They will consider it.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2019, 10:39 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Renderings Revealed For LaGuardia Airport’s New Delta Terminal

Quote:
Governor Cuomo announced this week that the first of four new concourses within the upgraded Delta terminal at LaGuardia Airport (LGA) will open this fall. The renderings illustrate a light-filled, 105,000-square-foot concourse with views of Citi Field and Flushing Bay. According to Curbed, the new concourse’s amenities will include H&H Bagels, Birch Coffee, Juice Press, and Rossi Pizzeria from Chef Mark Iacono.

LGA’s extensive, $8 billion overhaul, originally announced in 2015, includes building a new Terminal B serving American Airlines, Air Canada, Southwest, and United; and a new Delta Terminal C, parking spaces, and an improved roadway infrastructure. These improvements come at the hands of LaGuardia Gateway Partners, a coalition that includes Vantage Airport Group, Skanska, HOK, and WSP USA. Last December the first 18-gate concourse at Terminal B opened.

“This new milestone in LaGuardia’s transformation brings us another step closer in converting the airport into a world-class flight hub in line with New York standards,” Governor Cuomo said. “Our collaboration with Delta in the development of this concourse and the new LaGuardia terminal is another demonstration of the effectiveness of public-private partnerships at work to modernize our state’s infrastructure.”

Despite opposition from residents near LGA, plans are progressing in the construction of a $2 billion AirTrain. The Port Authority submitted its case this week to the Federal Aviation Administration after presenting a proposal last October. An AirTrain to LGA would connect the airport to the Mets-Willets Point station in Queens, allowing transfers to the 7 train and the Long Island Rail Road. It would also shorten the trip from Midtown to the airport to under 30 minutes.

LaGuardia Airport remains fully operational throughout its multi-phased redevelopment. It has not lost capacity since old facilities are only demolished when new buildings are completed.
=============
NYY

Old Posted Jul 1, 2019, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Renderings Revealed For LaGuardia Airport’s New Delta Terminal

=============
NYY
Looks like there's no connector at all between the Delta Terminal and the new Central terminal. Was that cut out? It's a miss if there's no airside connection.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2019, 4:14 AM
BANNED

Big improvements but design interiors needed to be better. Dislike carpet and cheap ceilings. Delta terminal interiors more modern in terms of fittings.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:47 PM

Amazing

https://flic.kr/ps/3dWeqX

The double canopy is something special. This whole album is a tease.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Big improvements but design interiors needed to be better. Dislike carpet and cheap ceilings. Delta terminal interiors more modern in terms of fittings.
I think the improvement outweigh any criticism one might have over this project. From functional pov, it's a hit.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 12:36 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
I think the improvement outweigh any criticism one might have over this project. From functional pov, it's a hit.
Carpets are ugly, who uses carpets these days in an airport? A greyhound terminal is a functional improvement over a shack on the side of the road.

Last edited by aquablue; Aug 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Carpets are ugly, who uses carpets these days in an airport? A greyhound terminal is a functional improvement over a shack on the side of the road.

The new Changi T 4 uses carpets. It's arguably the nicest terminal in the world. When done right it keeps the airport quieter.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 11:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
The new Changi T 4 uses carpets. It's arguably the nicest terminal in the world. When done right it keeps the airport quieter.
Really? Looks boring to me architecturally anyway. I can't imagine its the nicest terminal in the world. Seems like it serves low cost carriers too. Carpet patterns are hideous there too.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Really? Looks boring to me architecturally anyway. I can't imagine its the nicest terminal in the world. Seems like it serves low cost carriers too. Carpet patterns are hideous there too.
Cathay flies out of T4. I think it might be moving away from low cost. Nicest in the world may be too much but it's definitely nice. Other SING terminals have carpets too.

Back to LGA, I used to hate carpet too. If LGA can keep them clean and avoid the musty smells then it works. It buffers sound which reduces travelers stress. If it's just for value engineering then no thanks, I'm with you.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
Looks like there's no connector at all between the Delta Terminal and the new Central terminal. Was that cut out? It's a miss if there's no airside connection.
They're connected via skywalk with moving walkway.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZeig1 View Post
https://flic.kr/ps/3dWeqX

The double canopy is something special. This whole album is a tease.
Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Delta Airlines opens new concourse at LaGuardia Airport in Queens

Quote:
QUEENS, New York (WABC) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo was on hand for a major step in the LaGuardia Airport restoration as Delta celebrates the opening of its first new concourse.

It is part of the $3.9 billion terminal built at LaGuardia to replace terminals C and D.

"The opening of the first new concourse at Terminal C is a major milestone that takes us one step closer to transforming LaGuardia Airport into a global gateway worthy of this state," Governor Cuomo said. "We're building the nation's first completely new airport in 25 years and showing the nation and the world that you can be ambitious and get big things done."

Delta operates more than 275 peak-day departures from its LaGuardia hub.

The new terminal features 37 gates across four concourses. There is also a new, larger Delta Sky Club with a Sky Deck.

"Two years ago, we set out to build a state-of-the-art facility at LaGuardia Airport, an airport that our customers and the people of New York deserve. Thanks to the commitment and hard work of the Delta team and our many partners, today marks the beginning of a new era for millions of Delta customers at LaGuardia. The excitement that is building here is palpable and contagious, and we are already looking ahead to many more milestones to come," said Ed Bastian, Delta CEO.

The work also includes dual taxi lanes to reduce wait times and larger gate areas.
=================
https://abc7ny.com/travel/delta-open...rport/5655686/

Old Posted Oct 29, 2019, 5:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development