HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:51 PM

DENVER | The River Mile

The River Mile Redevelopment

Quote:
The River Mile is a new, urban mixed-use neighborhood to be built along a one-mile stretch of the South Platte River between Speer Boulevard and Auraria Parkway in Downtown Denver. Adjacent to two transit stations and the birthplace of the city, the plan calls for a bike and pedestrian-oriented public realm, new waterfront parks and public spaces, and the continued restoration of the South Platte River.
https://sararch.com/project/the-river-mile/
By Shears Adkins Rockmore | SAR+, May 8, 2024

RENDERINGS

Quote:
The site is currently home to the Elitch Gardens Theme Park as well as swaths of parking lots designed to serve the nearby stadiums and downtown amenities. Spanning across 60 acres, it will take several decades for the entire River Mile neighborhood to be developed, requiring a creative phasing strategy that will ensure continuity for current uses while incorporating new ones. A total of over 15 million square feet of vibrant mixed uses is planned for the development at completion.

Rendering Credit: Shears Adkins Rockmore | SAR+

MASTER PLAN

Quote:
The master plan focuses on creating urban variety and interest through varied block sizes and configurations while maintaining developable block configurations in concert with the custom zoning text for this neighborhood. The challenge of a large grade change from the elevated road connections down to the river led to a solution that gently slopes the site down over an artificial topography concealing parking and service while focusing views and activity to the river.

https://vimeo.com/270690138

Side Note: I thought Denver needed some love on these forums and this is one of my first posts. If I have missed something or the is an issue with how I formatted please don't come for me.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 7:50 PM
DENNAB

Pretty ambitious but kind of overdue in a city like Denver.

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 2:31 AM

This plan has been around for years. It was unveiled way back when I still lived in Denver sometime in 2018-2021.... It's not exactly a new proposal.

I left Denver in 2021 and have no idea if this has any teeth to it. Maybe someone from Denver can chime in here. Are any parts of this actually moving forward, or is it still just a visionary project?

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
This plan has been around for years. It was unveiled way back when I still lived in Denver sometime in 2018-2021.... It's not exactly a new proposal.

I left Denver in 2021 and have no idea if this has any teeth to it. Maybe someone from Denver can chime in here. Are any parts of this actually moving forward, or is it still just a visionary project?
Nobody said it was a new proposal but logistics and details have recently changed. Projects like this don't just happen over night...

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHigh_guy View Post
Nobody said it was a new proposal but logistics and details have recently changed. Projects like this don't just happen over night...
Right, but the question is - How serious is this?

Developers love to do press releases for flashy projects, but whether or not this has actual teeth is another question.

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 6:01 PM
Never Dell

The renderings seem to include thick buildings that are probably office. If they focus more on the housing component it'll seem more realistic.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development