HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 13, 2008, 4:06 PM

Thinking about moving to Dubai as an expat...need some advice

My fiancee and I are thinking about relocating to Dubai for a couple years as expats, following our wedding next year. I was wondering if someone can give us some advice on how best to proceed:

I have an MBA and about 5 years experience in management consulting and program management for a major high tech field (in the area of supply chain). She has about 12 years experience in technical writing.

We would be very interested in a situation where we could both get job offers and I can hopefully get an expat package (high base salary and bonus, paid for furnished apartment, car, etc).

Can anyone tell us how difficult it would be for us both to get these types of jobs and how to best find them? What is it like living there as expats, especially Americans? Will we feel out of place or is there a large community of similar folks that we could befriend? Will we feel out of place if we want to do things that involve drinking (we're huge wine drinkers)? I've heard that things are getting very expensive in Dubai. Will this negate our intention to save a lot of money while over there (living tax free)? Any additional thoughts would be welcomed as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa