HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 11, 2006, 1:45 AM

ATLANTA ATLANTA ATLANTA! Pictures from my apt, downtown, midtown, and olympic park

I recently moved to atlanta into a small apartment/former hotel room at the underground. I have a few views from my room:

centennial tower and bofa in the distance.

zooming in on bofa

cnn and im not sure what that atlanta building is. it took me several glances to notice the spelling of "ATLANTA" within that structure.

sunset. the quality could be better. sorry.

Here's the skyline from atlantic station. I came here to get groceries at publix. I'm guessing that it's not the most convenient grocery store, considering where I live, but the journey wasn't too bad. just a few marta stops north and a free shuttle ride from the arts center to atlantic station.

I also took a walk down peachtree from five points all the way to midtown around 1180 peachtree to take some pictures of the skyscrapers along the way. It was a very nice day, so I didn't mind the walk one bit. I'll try to go in order but I'm not at all familiar with everything yet.

a pretty wreath near the entrance of the georgia pacific tower.

approaching 191 peachtree

A few shots of the westin. I'm not sure which building that is under construction in the last picture, but I'm willing to bet the name contains the word "peachtree".

approaching the beautiful suntrust plaza

near the entrance of the suntrust plaza

a nice vertical view of suntrust

a few shots of bank of america.

now heading further down peachtree towards the cluster of midtown skyscrapers.

approaching 1180 peachtree

vertical view of 1180 peachtree. i love this tower.

a few shots of 1180, promenade 2, and four seasons. Notice the reflection in 1180.

Here I am enjoying a hot dog that was purchased at a hot dog vendor near a car wash. The hot dog was decent. The seasoned fries were better.

After taking marta back to five points to rest for awhile, I decided to walk down to centennial olympic park to take a look at the christmas decorations. Everything was lit up and very pretty. There was even an outside ice skating rink. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of it. these pictures really didn't capture the beauty of all of the lights and everything though, because they're at night and I didn't know how to adjust the settings of my girlfriend's camera to take better night pictures. Here they are anyways.

making my way to centennial olympic park. I think there was a hockey game so there was a lot of traffic and traffic guards.

the big christmas tree near the entrance of the park. Hah, the suntrust building in the background has sort of a christmas tree look to it as well.

bad quality, but you get the idea.

and a few pictures of the night skyline from the park

the end.

I then walked home to watch some of the pbs documentary of the evolution of new york city on my laptop. I dont have hardly anything moved in yet.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos