HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 7:04 PM

Someone I know who bought a unit on the 2nd floor and had a tentative move-in date for sometime in November was told that his move-in date is now Feb 28th. So it looks like this will delayed another 3 months.

My mother hasn't been contacted yet. Her move-in date was set for Dec. 1st - I'm just going to assume it's now sometime in March.

They've finally started moving the drywall to the units today, so drywall installation should be starting very soon.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 10:44 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Someone I know who bought a unit on the 2nd floor and had a tentative move-in date for sometime in November was told that his move-in date is now Feb 28th. So it looks like this will delayed another 3 months.

My mother hasn't been contacted yet. Her move-in date was set for Dec. 1st - I'm just going to assume it's now sometime in March.

They've finally started moving the drywall to the units today, so drywall installation should be starting very soon.
Sounds about right unfortunately... I will be renting on the 4th floor and my future landlord advised us it's looking like a March move in date now but that could still change. Really hoping they push hard (without cutting corners lol) to get this finished without any further delays!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 10:53 PM

Got an e-mail for my mother's unit on the 4th floor today. The new tentative move-in date is now May 4th. Basically adding another 2 months to which is now the 4th or 5th delay - I lost track.

This has to be the slowest condo build in history. You'd think it was 30 floors for how long it's taking.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Got an e-mail for my mother's unit on the 4th floor today. The new tentative move-in date is now May 4th. Basically adding another 2 months to which is now the 4th or 5th delay - I lost track.

This has to be the slowest condo build in history. You'd think it was 30 floors for how long it's taking.
I think Jamesville lofts take that crown, sorry

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 3:12 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:

This is incredibly frustrating! My current landlord is holding off on selling our unit as long as possible. We have begged her not to sell and to hold off until Dec. then Feb. then March then April if I now tell her May she's going to think I'm fucking around with her and just put our unit up for sale now!

WTF is the issue here, why are they so damn slow??? I just want to move into our new condo!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 1:21 AM

Yeah, it sucks. My mom's very disappointed.

They've laid down cement for the drop off side entrance, sidewalks and border around the parking lot. They'll be laying cement for the driveway into the garage next and then will probably finally pave the whole parking lot right afterwards.

They plan to start drywalling on Monday.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 7:14 PM

This is being delayed yet again.

Got an e-mail about my mom's unit and the occupancy date went from May 4th to June 24th. I suspect all occupancies will be moved up the same amount (approx. 7 weeks). However, this time they've set the date as a FIRM occupancy date - so unless a disaster occurs, this *should* be the last delay.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 11:53 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
This is being delayed yet again.

Got an e-mail about my mom's unit and the occupancy date went from May 4th to June 24th. I suspect all occupancies will be moved up the same amount (approx. 7 weeks). However, this time they've set the date as a FIRM occupancy date - so unless a disaster occurs, this *should* be the last delay.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 2:49 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
However, this time they've set the date as a FIRM occupancy date
The bolded word only seems to have meaning in terms of the fact there are firms building these things.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2022, 6:14 AM

It's coming along.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:38 PM

2/15/2022 by Joe, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 6:15 PM

That precast looks really good.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 12:51 PM

Got an e-mail last week stating that the ongoing construction strike has a "direct impact" on this development, and once the strike is over they'll be in a position to determine if it will affect the move-in date.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

I know someone whose move-in date is June 1st... that's only 3 weeks from the time they sent out the e-mail. So f'n close.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 1:28 PM
Ham-burgher

Hopefully that strike doesn't hold up a whole lotta things.

Coming up King from Centennial this looks really good. And it makes the walk-up apartments just west of Nash seem so tired; they are, but the contrast really shows now.

The valley on the south side limits potential in places, but I hope we see more built where it's possible (e.g., southwest side of the Nash intersection might be usable, and also between Quigley and Pottruff). It would be great if something could be done at the front of the St. Joe's parking lot too... back when it was built in the 1980s, they reserved a lot of land for a larger future hospital; that's very unlikely to be built now given the focus on centralized major facilities by the healthcare organizations.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 12:33 AM

Taken June 13 2022

Old Posted Jun 25, 2022, 7:33 PM

While the strike was over at the end of May, the Drywallers didn't go back with everyone else. Of course, the drywallers sitting out extended the delay for this. They went to arbitration last week and are now back on the job.

E-mail sent out yesterday stating the delay added 45 days to the whole process. My mother's occupancy date is now Aug. 4th - originally it was supposed to be yesterday.

I'll just sit here and wait for the next delay that will probably pop up. I've lost track of how many it's been so far.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 8:55 PM

What a scam.

My mother moves in early August but won't take ownership until Feb 1st, 2023.
In the meantime she'll be forced to pay an "occupancy fee" during that time - even if she doesn't actually move in. They expect her to pay close to $2,500 per month for 6 months even though she's supposed to own the fucking place.

And they require her liability insurance be able to cover a minimum of 2 million.

Corrupt scamming pieces of shit.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 10:59 PM

That’s a standard thing for new build condos lol. Very very few builders don’t do it.

It’s a thing because condos aren’t registered until the building is more or less substantially complete, and ownership can’t transfer until the plan of Condo is registered.

My understanding is that builders occasionally let people move in before registration as an option, not a requirement, but it’s far from unusual.

Read your contract when you sign up for a new build, this type of thing is in there.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2022, 12:11 AM

Right, we knew it was possible they were going to do this, but when we asked how much and for how long - they kept delaying the information and didn't want to even give us a rough estimate. But to throw that high a fee for that long is ridiculous - especially since the condo is 2 years late to begin with. And charging you regardless if you move in or not adds to the insanity.

This is a cash grab, plain and simple. They can go fuck themselves.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2022, 12:19 AM
Burger Connoisseur

My partner and I was supposed to move in here, his friend bailed on the condo, she's cutting her losses. Now we're back to the apartment hunt again and just when rents have skyrocketed....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs