HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Dec 13, 2013, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
It's possible that they may replace the idea of having 22X be the main entrance for the south with 560/Glenmore instead. As you said, it would probably be cheaper, and satisfy the purpose of a southern freeway for the region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
I would say that is possible, however even if Glenmore become totally "free-flow" the industrial area to the east of Stoney trail might limit that route. However the trucks could go north to the existing TCH and the province could build interchanges / fly-overs between the east edge of Calgary and Chestermere.

OR

The TCH could have a bypass called 1A and go south from Glenmore to 22X and upgrade 22X to a limited access highway east through to connect to the existing TCH at Gleichen.

However option 1 is MUCH cheaper. I am however proud that the Prov of Alberta made it possible for trucks to get around Calgary without having to slow down to more than 70km/h in ideal conditions. Same with Edmonton
If it was ever done, TCH 1 could follow Glenmore Trail & reconnect with the current west alignment via either Stoney Trail or Sarcee Trail. Usually bypasses don't get the 'A' suffex, so 16 Ave could become Hwy 1A (east of Crowchild Trail) while the current Hwy 1A along 17 Ave SE could decomissioned.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2022, 6:51 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 12:01 AM

With an election in the spring and the UCP and Danielle Smith on shaky ground I’d be surprised if this isn’t just an vote getting project. On top of that I doubt drawings, bids, contracts and everything else that goes with a massive project like this can be put together in a few months. Look how long the greenling process has taken. Actually look how long the rest of the promised Deerfoot trail upgrades that were announced early have taken and I don’t see any shovels in the ground for them yet.
So I’ll take this with a grain of salt 🫣

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 8:20 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmariner View Post
On top of that I doubt drawings, bids, contracts and everything else that goes with a massive project like this can be put together in a few months.
I didn't see anywhere that this project is going the P3/DBFO route, thus there is time to work on the engineering, etc.

I could be horribly wrong...

Old Posted Nov 22, 2022, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I didn't see anywhere that this project is going the P3/DBFO route, thus there is time to work on the engineering, etc.

I could be horribly wrong...
I don’t think it is either. Though for a project of this scope it will take a few months for Construction companies to get bids together and on top of that a winning bid picked. Plus it’s a provincial project so it’ll take time to cross the “t”s and dot the “I”s. I just can’t see it getting to the point that shovels can be in the ground in 4+ months. Anyways just my opinion

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 4:07 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmariner View Post
Plus it’s a provincial project so it’ll take time to cross the “t”s and dot the “I”s.
Definitely agree that the timeline is aggressive if not overly optimistic.

Sounds like you know your way around this space. The point I was trying to make is that since it's not P3 and more of a 'traditional' procurement, they don't have to negotiate/haggle over the T's and C's in the F and O parts of the P3. In my experience, those finance and lawyer types take longer to do their bit, than the engineers and construction folks do at the front end.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 2:04 AM

Is some signs up on NB Deerfoot @ McNight. Usually they go up before construction starts. Cross my fingers they get going this spring

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 6:31 PM
Fake News

The construction company has been chosen and it's a Joint Venture. I am dealing with them right now. I didn't think it was actually happening but it sounds like it is.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 8:50 PM
Scam Artist

Just an additional northbound lane between McKnight and 64 Ave? That's the full scope?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 10:04 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Just drove NB on Deerfoot - I noticed work happening at 64th Ave.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2023, 4:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace.yyc View Post
Just an additional northbound lane between McKnight and 64 Ave? That's the full scope?
It’s not a lot, is it? But for me, that extra lane will help when I merge onto Deerfoot from McKnight and it will give me a bit more time during rush hour to get over into a through lane. As it is currently, it’s a tad difficult to get over before you end up being unwillingly forced onto the 64th Ave exit.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2023, 6:30 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
It’s not a lot, is it? But for me, that extra lane will help when I merge onto Deerfoot from McKnight and it will give me a bit more time during rush hour to get over into a through lane. As it is currently, it’s a tad difficult to get over before you end up being unwillingly forced onto the 64th Ave exit.
There is a website but it doesn't say what exactly they are doing aside from they are preparing for future works.

There is probably more detail in the tender documents, but I didn't see them easily. Will have to do more digging.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 4:29 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Old Posted Feb 17, 2023, 10:01 PM
Scam Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCguys View Post
Oh absolutely, it will make a huge difference relative to the cost. I mean "that's it" only in the context of the fact that the plans have changed so much over the last 3 years that I've lost track.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure