View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMBY Slayer View Post
In addition to those 60s/70s atrocious bunker hill residential buildings north of 3rd, can we please knock down (and replace) those Soviet designed buildings above the 3rd street tunnel. Yes, yes... I know they are very successful low income senior housing, hence, I say rebuild them with something that doesn't look like it was approved by Stalin and creates better ground floor interaction with a street wall. The way they are now they kill all life between angels flight and 2nd and hill and olive.

In fact can we level everything in red (see below) like it was 1969 and re-build the street grid and start fresh with structures that create a street wall and have street interaction so the area is walkable (more marketable) without it having a ton of ramps and bridges. I get it's a hill but there are better ways to design it and make it walkable, give it great street life and less dead zones than it currently is.

This is exactly what we need!!! Would also love to see skyscrapers in the red-shaded area, ~700-900ft.