View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
If this were Central or South America there'd be high rises on the tops of some of those hills. How would that change this picture, for the better or worse? Picture Mulholland Drive with a big row of high rises!

If you come into Tijuana some time, you'll see a high rise perched on top of one of those high hills, and, I suspect, views to kill for, views right down to downtown San Diego.
HORRRRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBBLLLLEEEEEEEEE

NO lol A few here and there like we have in Weho and along sunset is fine. But completely covered with high rises, i would personally hate it. The Hills of LA add to its uniqueness and with all of the "flat" and "easy" land to build on in the basin, the sprawling high rises like we see in Latin/south America and parts of Asia honestly make me cringe with the idea of that happening here.

But I like defined/centered skylines. Beef up Downtown, Century City, Long Beach, Glendale, Wilshire, culver city, Santa Monica and maybe Torrance and San Pedro but leave the rest of the basin alone. OR if anything, a sea of 7-10 story buildings like you'll see in parts of Europe.