View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 11:18 PM

Nothing new.

Maybe this one: 417 Communipaw Avenue and 139 Woodward Street

construct a residential complex with 17 stories, consisting of (i) a maximum of 420 residential units (of which 21 units will be Affordable Housing Units); (ii) a 22,000 square foot recreating center to be dedicated to the City; (iii) 40 surface parking spaces to be dedicated to the City; (iv) a 14,000 sf retail component, no less than 40% of which will be designated as retail incubator space for minority, women and veteran owned businesses; (v) approximately 20,000 square feet of public outdoor space to be owned and controlled by the Redeveloper-Applicant; (vi) the installation of improvements along Woodward Street; (vii) the adaptive re-use of the Steel Tech Head House together with certain other on and off site improvements.

I think it's that project by Berry Lane Park that has the NIMBYs upset. This is one of the rare times where I like the NIMBYs proposal more than the developers. It's same density, better site design, but not as tall. The selling point to me was the site design. However, they're idiots for advocating for smaller units than the developer's plan. Only way to get developer buy in is if the SQFT/units is more than what they're proposing.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2022/08/mo...convinced.html