View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2009, 10:08 AM
arf

^Yes there are more lenses. I'm looking at a new body now and the D90 is tops on my list because the auto-focus motor is in the body. On the not-so-professional line of Nikons like the D5000, the auto-focus is built into the lens.

I'm not sure you'd get a lot more mileage out of the D90 over your D40x. Some more megapixels, but all in all, good photographs and creativity are more a function of the person than the camera. I'm certainly no professional photographer, but I've been using a point-and-shoot the last little while. The creative process and photography in general is a learning process and there's always stuff to learn. If a new camera body is going to help you want to take photos and push yourself forward on your journey then it makes sense. It's good you're asking questions and trying to work out what it is you want/need out of your camera.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss