View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 7:28 PM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
^ The Hudson site is not really comparable to anything else you're trying to draw lines to.

Bedrock is not a typical developer, they have the resources and power to basically do whatever they want. Gilbert has been self financing this project (until whatever later financing they intend to do happens) and fills much of the space with his own businesses, so in this case his net worth and health of his companies is directly tied to how this project gets built.

They are still not near going above street level yet, still have tons of work on the garage and all that infrastructure underneath. I think they wanted to get started as soon as possible and knew foundation work and demolition was going to take years so they've been working on exact programming in the meanwhile which is pretty much finalized now. No point in constantly going back to the city for changes.

IDK how anybody could call it gray when there's literal ongoing work happening? Does this forum have a "gray" tag for it's developments? And if the tower is supposedly gray so is the office block portion. I can link you to the daily progress videos if you want.

Crawford said there was no "plans" that's obviously been proven wrong.
It's gray from my perspective as a general contractor for towers. None of your arguments change anything.

It's possible to build the below-grade portion of a project without considering the eventual tower underway or even very clear...it's not even that unusual. For example, it's common to build the below-grade portion and then one wing of the future project, but leave the other above-grade building for later. That sounds plausible here, though it's probably not their hope.

No, Steely, a press release wouldn't change anything either.

Last edited by mhays; Aug 8, 2020 at 7:40 PM.