View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2022, 3:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
I think the residential portion of the zoned complex is too small given the high cost of Manhattan housing. And given the amount of office space planned, the complex will probably take more than a decade to complete once started, unless the intent is to construct in phases. I would not be surprised if the review councils push for one or two more residential towers, or one or more mixed used towers.
Yes, obviously this will be built in phases. I also posted the phasing earlier. This is an ENORMOUS development in the middle of the city. Like everything else transit-wise, it should have been built years ago. There are too many bus lines with pickup/drop off locations on the street, blocking pedestrians, and adding the the already chaotic traffic scene.

The residential tower would be about 1 msf, pretty large considering the max FAR on residential allowed in the state, though the governor wants to change that.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.