View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
Why do you decline? I actually give them some change if I can. Anwyays, stop making accusations. I personally know people that have been robbed downtown and harrased, including my little sister who is a student at UW. Like it or not there is a problem in downtown Winnipeg and denying it doesn't help anyone. There is a reason why people now have to be searched entering the god damn library!
[/url]
I decline because I'm not gonna feed peoples addictions (and I don't carry cash). I donate my money to the Siloam mission to help the homeless.

I personally know someone who was robbed in Tyndall Park. Also know someone who was robbed in Transcona. Also know someone who was robbed in the Maples. Better lock up your daughters.

How about statistics. Less than 10% of assaults takes place in downtown. Despite 70,000 people going downtown to work daily, 15000 living downtown, plus many thousands more going for events at the arena. The problem is perception. Downtown does not have a huge crime problem in relation to the number of people who frequent it vs other neighbourhoods.

The problem is you seeing impoverished aboriginals and referring to them as "those people" and assuming they're assaulting everyone.