View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:42 PM

^^pretty nice gear.

I've made a lot of changes to my lenses lately. I'm really taken by the quality of Nikon's older MF primes.

I've now sold the 50mm f1.8 AI-S and 105mm f2.5 AI, replacing them with the 50mm f1.4 AI-S and 105mm f2.5 AI-S. I picked up the 200mm f4 AI-S too.

I briefly had the 135mm f3.5 AI, but sold it a couple days ago. I used the 135mm for some of the Barrhaven photos, it was quite a nice lens, but I only bought it because it was incredibly cheap. I didn't really need it and it's not very fast at f3.5 maximum aperture.

The AI-S version of the 105mm doesn't suffer from the severe chromatic aberrations that my AI version had. It must have better lens coatings.

Another reason I went for the AI-S versions of each of these lenses is because you can install a chip on them so they meter on DSLRs. The chip also enables proper EXIF information and allows you to control the aperture with the command dial on the camera. I installed chips on the 50mm, 105mm and 200mm last night, so I can't wait to try them out.