View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 12:22 AM

If you mean 90ยบ rotation in the sense that the curved side of #4 would be facing #2 as shown in the annotated rendering, I can dig that.

BTW, #2 can really pull the rug from under all the others in treated *just* right. I'm liking the quad-tube design at the upper half; but the somewhat tortuous segue from what looks like a comparatively restrained quadrilateral base leaves a bit to be desired.

O'course I do understand that there will be some more tweaking to come...but perhaps less than what we may think will happen because as you mentioned, this whole potentially new neighborhood is on a timescale whose visible presence is at hand.

Like a lot of others on this thread, it just now has dawned on me how suddenly this has evolved beyond the scope of something like a Calgary project with Mini-Me twin. This is on a par with the new WTC, with the pieces falling into place at a *unreal* pace.

Then there's the rest of the West Side...the literal Rise of 57th Street...and now the active plane to rezone Midtown East. As I've said before, barring any economic meltdown, we're in for one tantalizing treat after another for as long as the desire to build big (or skinny) and tall exists.

Last edited by JayPro; Oct 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM.