View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Dude, why are you (and everyone) trying to convince anyone anything? I thought the purpose of this forum was to share information regarding future, on-going, and past skyrise developments. That's literally it.
I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say regarding all facets of RE. There's passion and knowledge on this board that you can't find elsewhere.

No, you can't just convince people how to think (politics, eh?). IMO Biggus thinks like a real estate investor (for obvious reason), but fails to put himself in the position of someone that wants to live in a hip, urban setting without the commitment of home ownership. I'm in my 30's, and have a bunch of friends that can afford to buy homes, but are instead choosing to rent upscale apartments. If the new age to settle down with a family and buy a home was 25-30, I'd say it's now 35-40.

The people buying homes in Maricopa (the city) in 2005 were as generally unqualified as it gets. "Drive-til-you-qualify behavior" is a great line and was the ultimate indicator of the crash. I would say that what's happening now is the exact opposite.

I, personally, am ecstatic about the direction that Phoenix is headed.