View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2013, 9:53 PM
The Moon Rulez! #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1 View Post
I think you're making my point for me. Cubs can't charge the prices they do sans Wrigley.

But to repeat myself, the team is one of the most profitable in all of baseball while having the 4th highest revenue stream. That revenue stream will jump once their WGN contract ends in one year.
They wouldn't have to charge the highest ticket fee's they make up the difference on the 15 other things they'd be making money on that they currently don't in addition to additional television fee rights.

And they are nowhere near the most profitable teams in baseball. The Forbes number does not include the massive debt service on the $600 million used to buy the team. Operating Profit is just a number that measure operating efficiency, it is not a measure of actual profit. Lump another $500 million on for stadium renovations or a new stadium and the team will be operating in the red for quite some time even with new revenues.