View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 8:16 AM

The original plan was supposed to be 2 corrupt states kicking in the actual money. Now all of a sudden they can't afford it(BS) and instead need to rely on a federal loan from an administration they referred to or condoned its leader as Hitler, and anyone affiliated with him as scum of the earth. What did you people expect? If I was part of the Trump admin why would I toss money in a black hole known as the tri-state area when I keep getting demonized? It's not a "blue state issue" when they granted $650 million for Caltrain's electrification project.

"B-but 20% of GDP! Itz not a locale project omg" About 2% of the population uses Amtrak. The vast majority of people crossing the Hudson have and will still use automobiles. It makes no sense to keep an unprofitable, unreliable cross country Amtrak as is when you got airplanes that get folks to their destinations much faster or Greyhound that does it cheaper. NJ employees who have to waltz into NYC while paying income taxes to NYC can use ferries, PATH or deal with one of the 3 crossings. Or find jobs in their own state/cities and pour money there.