View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 6:34 PM
Give us a kiss

interesting to see what everyone is shooting with, especially some of the ssp photo beasts like flar and okayyou. i browsed the thread quickly and didn't see anyone using pentax gear, so i thought i would add my setup:

from left to right:
- SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR (water resist) - bought new for our vietnam trip
- homemade macro diffuser (see below)
- SMC Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 - manual focus, about 20 years old and my sharpest lens by far. bought used for $90.
- Tamron AF 90mm f2.8 macro 1:1 - bought new for the missus
- Tamron AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 - bit of a dog (looks like it too), only sharp-ish up to 200mm. bought second hand for the reach but not overly satified with it.
- Pentax K-5 with SMC Pentax-M 28mm f2.8 mounted. my most used lens by far, great angle for street shots and easy manual focus. bought second hand for $30, it's almost 30 years old and works like a charm!

my gf and i are into totally different kinds of photography - i use the 28mm the most (street shots), and the 50mm (portraits) quite a bit, while for the most part she only does macro. here is her kit, with the homemade flash diffuser i cobbled together for her out of a can of pringles:

she added the fabric (white on front to act as a diffuser and black to cover up the "low fat bbq" branding, which she thought was in poor taste).
it works surprisingly well, here is a shot she took recently:

Last edited by big T; Oct 22, 2011 at 7:10 PM.