View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2023, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Agreed, overall. Was kind of annoyed to see this poo-pooed as a developer giveaway on BikePortland--though I tend to agree; it didn't seem like that onerous a requirement--and then when someone chimed in that the permitting process was a mess, people were all "but we have to have Standards !1!!1"

Like...yes, but not having to approach 4 different people in 3 different agencies all adjudicating the same standards seems like a reasonable improvement to suggest. I realize that BP may not be the place for level-headed takes on cycling-related issues, but some prudence about what does and doesn't make a difference to these things is important from everyone.
And everyone has their opinion one what should be required, hence the NIMBY part. I bike all the time, but man, biking in the rain sucks, big time. And it rains heavy now way more often than it used to, making that even worse. To expect people here will just bike everywhere year round because we have bike lanes and parking in the buildings is beyond laughable outside the most ardent bikers.