View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 4:03 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Yeah, for Arizona at least, they chose the right one. Of any statistical area greater than 100k in AZ, Kingman would be my last choice, and Butler is the armpit of Kingman. The list didn't even give the worst of it. From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ki...utler,_Arizona

The last time I wasn't in Kingman was for a court hearing. It was held at a local lawyer's home office, which was overrun with about a dozen cats. Sacha Baron Cohen's film was not an exaggeration.
My first experience with Kingman was in 2009 when I went with a transgender friend of mine as support when he was trying to get custody of his daughter. I half expected us to be chased out of town with pitchforks and torches but it went way better than expected. He was granted joint custody by a judge who read up on transgender parental rights before the hearing.

The "Who is America" clip is a pretty decent encapsulation of the mentality of Kingman. Its part of Paul Gosar's district, after all. I was half-expecting Colorado City to be named as Arizona's worst.

Middletown, Ohio ain't great, but worst in Ohio? Having just (briefly) visited Huntington/Tri-Cities area and Gallipolis, there's some contenders along Ohio Route 7...