View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Well when I'm feeble and retired and done summering in wonderful Thompson Manitoba, I'll be wintering in beautiful New Kingman-Butler Arizona..Any bets on which place I'll become a statistic in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Yeah, for Arizona at least, they chose the right one. Of any statistical area greater than 100k in AZ, Kingman would be my last choice, and Butler is the armpit of Kingman. The list didn't even give the worst of it. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
There have been numerous plans and attempts to annex all or parts of Butler into the City of Kingman over the years, since it is an integral part of the Kingman community, but each has failed. One major problem with annexation into Kingman is the fact that Butler does not have a developed sanitary sewer system; all residences and buildings in Butler have individual septic tanks. The costs of developing and connecting a sewer system to all customers in Butler, if annexed into Kingman, is considerable. The fiscal assets required for such an investment by the City of Kingman likely could not be raised without assessment of a primary property tax on all landowners in the city; however, no such primary parcel tax has been approved by voters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ki...utler,_Arizona

The last time I wasn't in Kingman was for a court hearing. It was held at a local lawyer's home office, which was overrun with about a dozen cats. Sacha Baron Cohen's film was not an exaggeration.