View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebestofeverything View Post
When we were in SP in the Winter 2017, we ate our way around the city: 1) Japanese/Asian food in the Liberdade district, 2) at food stalls in the Mercado Municipal, and 3) at churrascarias - we went to Fogo de Chao off Avenida Paulista and it was ok and Morumbi on Av Roque Petroni Junior and it was excellent but I believe it has since changed its name. SP is a great foodie destination. We'll be visiting again as soon as this pandemic subsides and we brush up on our Brazilian Portuguese which helps to enjoy the many eating choices this great city offers.
Yeah, São Paulo is not an obvious touristic city, but it might offer one of the greatest urban experiences in the world, specially regarding food and nightlife. As we're on an urbanism forum, I definitely recommend SP. A good previous research is always good to make sure you do all the things that the city can offer.

Since 2017, I guess churrascarias lost some ground to creative cuisine. Lots of new things are popping up everywhere, all the time, specially Downtown and on Pinheiros district.