View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoguy View Post
British Airways is bringing the A380 back to Chicago beginning June 1, 2022.

“ British Airways has loaded the A380 from Heathrow to Boston, Chicago, and Washington for summer 2022.”

BA295 from June 1st: Heathrow-Chicago, 10:25-13:10, once-daily

BA294 from June 1st: Chicago-Heathrow, 17:05-06:50+1, once-daily

https://simpleflying.com/british-air...0-summer-2022/
Might sound like fun to someone who doesn't live under the 10L-28R flight approach lol. Most of the pedestrian jets don't bother us, but the 747s are pretty obnoxious at times. Regular 380s will be downright obnoxious. Hoping that our share of the air traffic will drop now that all the runways are open.

Interestingly enough, I've seen AN-124s fly in over our house multiple times. They don't seem to be as loud as the 747s, but you don't see them very often. It's probably mainly the freighter 747s coming screaming in laden with cargo that causes their thunderous roar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Curious, why such animosity against the place (and to clarify, not you specifically, but from others who've expressed the same feelings in the forum)?
I don't get it either, I've literally never had an issue with O'Hare since I moved to Chicago. From our new place (two-three blocks from Montrose Blue Line) we can be at our gate in an hour if we don't hit major security delays. I don't even have pre check and I have maybe waited 30 mins in line once or twice at O'Hare.

I think O'Hare gets a bad rap because it's basically a layover graveyard for the whole country. So many flights are routed through here that passengers just end up getting dumped here whenever the flight system experiences rolling disruptions. Bad weather in the Rockies? You get a bunch of disgruntled westerners pissed they are stuck at O'Hare. Noreaster takes down the Atlantic seaboard for a day or two? You get a bunch of surly Bahstoners grumping about how shitty OHare is while guzzling margs at Frontera.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble