View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2022, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
If you are telling people that the level of danger from Covid is increasing and that they should wear masks, you can not simultaneously tell them to engage in the most unnecessary and undesirable indoor activity they can do. Nor can companies insist on employees coming back to the office when said employees can respond that the city is saying the Covid risk is high enough to require masks.

There’s a reason that offices are the last thing that should open when Covid is over. If you have a desk job, you can work from home better than you can replicate any other human activity from home, and all of those other things are ones that people actually want to do.

Back in 2020 there were some ideas otherwise, but I was pretty blunt telling the partners at my firm (80% or whom were in their 60s or 70s) that absolutely no one is coming back to the office when the government still says they can’t go to a restaurant, bar or gym. And I was right of course.
That's quite a leap from the public health agency sending out a recommendation to being incompatible with returning to the office. That's like saying a recommendation to wear a condom is incompatible with sex.