View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I'm confused.

This crude illustration of a Bridge lookalike (which I just love btw) is 17 stories at Broad and Spring Garden (or more accurately, Brandywine St).

But where did this rendering come from? It doesn't add up being the lot where Blumenfield now plans his 30 story high rise because the previous plans for that site was a strip of retail. So to say the height of the building depicted in this rendering will be increased to 30 stories is inaccurate.

I'd love to be wrong but this feels like one of those overly ambitious drawings that typically accompany Center City lots for sale ("Hey, look what you can build here" - and then we end up with something lame like townhomes). Whatever it is, it can't be the same site as Blumenfield's proposed 30 story building.

So what gives?
Well, it's possible he was using that image for marketing the property to retail tenants and lenders - the image came from LoopNet. Maybe he found that there was actually more interest in the project than he anticipated, and decided to up the floor count and, feeling confident, go to the press. It is definitely the same site - both show the mural loft building directly adjacent on the same side. If you look closely, there are actually some similarities in the 17-story version and the crude drawing of a 30-story building in yesterday's article - a setback above the retail podium, detailing on the southwest corner, and an angle along the retail base adjacent to mural lofts. It looks to be the same thing, but taller.