View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2016, 1:50 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Chicago View Post
I feel defeated from losing all those announcements. It was nice to show a shining light on Chicago's economy despite what people read in the news.
yeah, i know, it really sucks. i think it's gone for good, unfortunately.

my apologies to you specifically because you were the best and most consistent contributor to the old thread.

i don't know exactly what happened, but right in the middle of when i was trying to move some posts, my internet connection totally froze up on me. i made a few random clicks with my mouse to see if it would come back, and my only guess is that in those few random clicks i might have accidentally clicked on some "delete entire thread from all known existence" button, or something. my internet connection had locked up on me so i killed chrome and when i logged back in, the thread was completely gone. gone without a trace.

really, really bad timing on that one. i've been a moderator here at SSP for 15 years now and this is the first time i've ever accidentally hard-deleted an entire thread.

oh well, we can only go forward at this point. time to start anew.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Sep 22, 2016 at 2:06 PM.