View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 8:17 PM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
We had a giant Satellite dish in the early 90's. It would physically rotate to connect to the satellites and I ended up discovering that you could halt it in between and pick up pirated channels. Needless to say there were some adult content channels such as Playboy. That was pre-internet days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
In those days it seemed like every single house had a pirated descrambler that allowed one to watch all of the pay channels for free.

My Dad and Stepmom's place - where I spent part of the time - is outside the City (Springbank), which at the time was quite remote and you couldn't get cable if you were willing to pay. So we also had one of the massive satellite dishes, and they had pirated boards which became increasingly harder to use over time. At one point you had to manually enter codes for individual channels on satellites that would only work for a day or two.

But, the channels you didn't have access to often had a video feed with no audio, including the adult ones. This was most definitely not an issue for me! I quickly learned what satellites had them and made sure to put it back to the original settings afterwards.