View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2019, 5:41 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Baseball in Canada

It's been a while since we've had a dedicated place to discuss baseball, so I thought I'd fire off a thread. I did a search and there have been a couple MLB-focused threads in previous years, but I wanted to leave the topic open so that while most of the chatter will likely be Jays-related, there's also room for the speculation around a team returning to Montreal, discussion about minor league teams and prospects, the development of the sport in general, etc.

I was fairly dismissive of baseball growing up, but developed an interest in the game back in 2015 when I had some time on my hands recovering from an illness. Of course, that happened to coincide with the Jays' big bandwagon year and playoff run. I've been hooked ever since. Might even be able to make it to a game at Rogers Centre later this year.

The Jays seem to be finding their stride on the heels of this most recent road trip. Bad news concerning Shoemaker, however, who will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Hopefully the rotation can continue their good work in spite of this setback.

Will be strange to see Pillar in a Giants uniform Tuesday night.

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford