View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ You don't think CREATE is a worthwhile project?
That's the problem, I absolutely do, so I'm conflicted. I wish we could spend all the money in the world and get it done yesterday. The problem is we just don't have the money to spend right now. Some can shout up and down and whine that this opinion is "getting in the way" but let's take a slow, deep breath for a second. We are literally just using our credit lines and I don't see even the slightest restraint in spending what will no doubt be my children's money and their burden (if I ever have any). If we had the money, so be it, let's do it. In fact I want it done just so we don't keep increasing the cost of it down the road, so I'd support it in its current form even with the out of control government spending we are in the middle of. Let's do it. But I also have to commend any politician that shows at least some restraint in spending my children's money at a time that apparently Paris Hilton with a brand new Platinum credit card is at the helm of our country. And yes I voted for him (but will not again). We increased our deficit by $187 billion... JUST LAST MONTH. I don't believe people that say no to this are "obstructionist" in other words.