View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhuhwhy View Post
I'd rather see more East/West lines period. Or a line where you can actually access the city's parks. Neither is ever going to happen though. I think a Blue line extension past O'Hare and past Forest Park are far bigger priorities than what they are proposing, given the insanely horrible Eisenhower expressway and Kennedy/Edens junction bottleneck that makes it almost impossible to get into the city from the western and northern suburbs every afternoon. Every once and a while I have to drive on those stretches and am just absolutely amazed. Driving inbound on the Eisenhower, it's like the expressway was designed for and has the amount of lanes for the 1950's.
I wish they'd never taken away the Douglas Branch. It used to run all the way to Oak Park Ave. through Berwyn until 1952, when it was cut back to 54th/Cermak. The abandoned part of the run, now called the Vacin Fairway, is still there and serving as a big parking lot. And all that stands between Oak Park Ave. and Harlem is a park. So the L could in fact be easily extended to Harlem (well, easy in the sense that there would be no need to acquire any property to do it).

Last edited by Via Chicago; Aug 13, 2009 at 1:28 AM.