View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 5:59 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
JK Dineen with a blistering assessment of Mission Bay so far. ...

Looking back, it's a shame every block was sold whole. Some of them should have been divided into smaller pieces to create developments with a variety of scale and design on every block.
I've been thinking exactly the same thing recently. it's still hard (at least for me) to imagine how MB will ultimately 'feel' (and who all will live there) once it's done - and then after it gets 10 or 20 years to settle into itself - but its big chunks make it hard to see 'character' developing. might have to leave that to its neighbors in Dogpatch and SOMA.

as an aside, about the T... I usually ride on weekends, and am generally not in a hurry when I do, but I do time it. it sometimes has frustrating slowdowns at the crazy intersection of 4th and King, and when it enters the tunnel downtown, but I have found it pretty speedy south of the Caltrain station. I wonder if the delays will improve once phase II is complete, and it heads straight north through the intersection (doubt that), and has its own tunnel to enter (I'm more optimistic about that).