View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 2:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
I would love it if Rogers tower were built as part of the Transbay area, but I don't think it should be the signature tower. I think that turbine on top is the coolest thing I've seen on a building! Although, I think it would look really sweet and fit in better in Mission Bay Area, but I think it would go well with Heller Manass's 900' industrial looking proposal, also. Hopefully they will still pay attention to us after this circus is over.
You do realize, right, that all 3 of the designs have turbines on top? And the Pelli/Hines is the most gimicky in the sense that the turbine produces power just to light of the crown as I understood it, whereas on the other buildings it's my understanding the power actually gets used by the entire building.

I'm actually not too concerned about the homeless taking over the park. They seem to be able to keep them out of the Yerba Buena Park remarkably well and this would be easier (just shut off the funicular and escalators at night). On the other hand, if I thought it could clean them out of the rest of the city, I'd be for putting up tents for them in this park and welcoming them. Wow! A solution to the homeless problem--THAT would be an architectural and city planning triumph!

My big concern is if Chris D doesn't get enough housing to suit him, he'll just say well, OK, build your office building within the current height limits. And that, of course, wouldn't produce enough money to do Phase II of the project and so in the end San Francisco wouldn't get much more than a fancy bus terminal. Come to think of it, that's the way such things usually go in this town.

See below.