View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 19, 2020, 9:46 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Bay City eyes $8.5 million project to move DPW to Marquette Street
Caitlyn French | MLive
December 8, 2020

BAY CITY, MI - The Bay City Commission this week heard an update about a more than $8 million project to move the city’s Department of Public Works from its over a century old building to a more modern 79,000-square-foot facility. The commission on Monday, Dec. 7, listened to a presentation by Public Works Director Robert Dion on the city’s plan to move the department and its equipment from 800 S. Water St. to a repurposed building at 1625 Marquette St...
I was confused at first, until I realized that this article has a significant typo. They would be moving to 1645 Marquette Ave. - NOT 1625 Marquette St. It makes a big difference, considering 1625 Marquette St. is in an entirely different area of the city, maybe 1,000 SF, and apparently the one-time home to "Lupo's Permanent Hair Removal Clinic".

Aside - the quality of journalism at MLive continues to be consistently weak. This article was behind a paywall, and is called a "Subscriber Exclusive". Why would I pay a $100 / year subscription for a story that can't even get a simple address right? Thankfully there is such a think as "incognito windows". Journalism's a tough gig any day, and especially right now, but sometimes I think I work harder updating this forum (and I don't get a cent). MLive - gotta up your game if you want my hard-earned money!

Last edited by deja vu; Dec 19, 2020 at 10:02 PM.