View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 3:14 PM

Curbed does great work and they certainly give this project visibility, but I fear they're covering it because they need as much content as they can find. These outlets are under pressure to push as much as they can every day. I noticed this yesterday in perusing the food blogs: The Insider, Eater, and Foobooz all had the same three stories yesterday. Some did better with details and images, but at the end of the day there's only so much content and a mention of something in one place tends to lead to copycat stories showing up elsewhere.

I could not agree more with you about the project itself. It is a slam dunk in terms of following the letter and spirit of the waterfront masterplan. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better and more holistically thoughtful project in Philadelphia in the last decade. The massing, urban design, leveraging of existing historical resources, and how its inherent location stands to knit together disconnected areas all struggling to come together. We'd be lucky to have anything close to this. It would be very easy for bad regulations, NIMBYism, and market pressures to push this site in a far less imaginative and transformational direction.